2015 Predictions

Musically the corps are superior to the tick days because they're encouraged to add depth and complexity with reward if performed. I agree however, marching and especially guard is not as precise as in the past. Even your "top guard" for the past many seasons can't spin 40 flags in unison for more than 3 seconds.

re visit some of the old videos....not as we would like to remember most of the time..guards can certainly spin together IF that's what they choose to do.and keep in mind today's guards aren't doing triples and drop spins like we all did BITD and we didn't have body responsibilities like today. Members today musically have much more to achieve and so do guard members. both are far superior. Both excellent in their own right. different times different everything....back to the topic

Edited by GUARDLING

Taking a different tack entirely. Keeping Corps out of the mix, and predicting final scores:

1. 99.175

2. 98.55

3. 98.20

4. 97.15

5. 96.525

6. 95.95

7. 93.9

8. 92.85

9. 91.75

10. 90.80

11. 88.65

12. 88.40

I like the different prediction. I've convinced that with so many corps improving that it won't be long until we see an all 90+ finals.

• Like 1

I predict we'll be back on the thread topic soon.

But I just can't predict exactly when.

Taking a different tack entirely. Keeping Corps out of the mix, and predicting final scores:

1. 99.175

2. 98.55

3. 98.20

4. 97.15

5. 96.525

6. 95.95

7. 93.9

8. 92.85

9. 91.75

10. 90.80

11. 88.65

12. 88.40

You are clearly a 99.175 homer. Call me orthogonal, but I think 98.55 has a real chance of beating 99.175 this year.

You are clearly a 99.175 homer. Call me orthogonal, but I think 98.55 has a real chance of beating 99.175 this year.

A 99.175 homer? I don't understand. It was merely a figure which I foresee as winning. I don't foresee another 99.65...but now that such number is indeed attainable, a .5 drop is not out of the question -- at least in my mind.

Haha, HornTeacher, Reread his post but as if the scores were corps names.

Musically the corps are superior to the tick days because they're encouraged to add depth and complexity with reward if performed. I agree however, marching and especially guard is not as precise as in the past. Even your "top guard" for the past many seasons can't spin 40 flags in unison for more than 3 seconds.

I do agree! I really don't see the precision of yesteryear but the music is way more complex now.

• Like 1