2015 Predictions

You have a point, however they seem more unproven than anything. After the issues within the membership in 13 and the subsequent membership overturn for 14, not to mention the numerous incarnation of their drill in 14, I don't think they've been given standard circumstances to work in. This year will be that chance for them. This, coupled with a brass line that really began to shine towards the end of 14 and a percussion that's coming into its own under Kuhn, would be enough to see them make considerable strides.

I reallyyy hope you're right.

Predictions:

1. The Cadets - They're looking good out of the gate and have one of the hardest work ethics in DCI. With an experienced corps and a solid show design, they'll be able to take the championship this year.

2. Santa Clara Vanguard - After consistent years of pushing for a medal, this year will provide them their opening. An older corps and a design that takes risks will be enough to get them their medal.

3. The Blue Devils - Coming off of a fantastic year, BD was hit hard by age outs. A younger corps will hurt them, but stellar design and sheer talent will keep them in the top 3.

4. Phantom Regiment - Here's the dark horse; Phantom has several things going for them that have continually gotten discounted. PR's design team, arguably their weakest aspect in recent years, is finally settling in. The corps proper has settled in with new staff, all have something to prove, and, unlike last year, doesn't consist of mostly rookies. Lastly, PR does well coming off of west coast tours; having healthy competition from the get go will give this corps a chance to work back up the ranks.

5. Carolina Crown - Unable to recapture the magic of the show design and with the Cadets giving their hornline a run for their money, Crown won't move anywhere. Weaknesses in percussion will continue to plague the corps.

6. The Bluecoats - Yet another scandalous prediction. With a show trying to duplicate TILT and with a large class of ageouts, Bluecoats will see similar results to Crown from the previous year.

7. The Cavaliers - Their streak of improvement takes a step back after a extravagant show doesn't come to fruition.

8. Boston Crucaders - They performed extremely well last year, but their book seemed a little harder than they could handle. They proved to be a strong corps and, pending a book right up their alley, could solidly take 8th.

9. Blue Stars - Small possibility of jumping a spot if their guard is able to pull off another stellar year.

10. Blue Knights - In 2014 BK was carried by a great show. Much like BK and Crown though, they will be unable to pull back to back successes.

11. Madison Scouts - Scouts will be able to repeat the successes of last year, however will be given more trouble by Crossmen than before. In the end, however, they will be able to pull ahead.

12. Crossmen - Rounding out the pack, Crossmen will be chomping at the bit to overtake the scouts. In the end however, they won't be able to stay past them. They will, however, place solidly in front of 13th, solidifying themselves as a finalist corps.

Thoughts?

I'll agree with your identification of PR as a dark horse, but your reasoning can be applied to BK, as well. So I don't agree with your contention that BK will drop.

I think the reality will be PR rising a little, maybe, and BK rising right with them.

Edited by Herk
  • Like 1

It would be great if you were right about PR, but I'm not yet feeling the potential for PR to be a darkhorse other than the announced show sounds like it has great potential. Recent key staff changes (Coordinator, Drill and Color Guard) are big unknowns.

Besides that, the news news out of Rockford has been minimal at most in the off season so few people know what is going on in camps.

The only thing I can say is for some strange reason just when you think you've got them pegged, they prove you wrong.

• Like 1

Fairy tales may come true, it can happen to you...

Impossible to predict something that you haven't seen. Until the performance product is on the field, I'll say the top 5 will be the same - Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, SCV, Crown. The title contenders this year will be the 5, with strongest bets to BD, 'Coats, Crown, Cadets. Then it's Cavies, PR, Boston, Blue Knights, Madison, Blue Stars in the next grouping.

The remaining finalist spot will be an interesting battle between Spirit, Colts, Crossmen, Troopers. Add in a dark horse in OC, and we'll be in for treat this year for sure.

It's a lot a talented groups and not enough finalist spots to go around. Some very talented corps will be on the sidelines on Saturday night.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Fairy tales may come true, it can happen to you...

Impossible to predict something that you haven't seen. Until the performance product is on the field, I'll say the top 5 will be the same - Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Cadets, SCV, Crown. The title contenders this year will be the 5, with strongest bets to BD, 'Coats, Crown, Cadets. Then it's Cavies, PR, Boston, Blue Knights, Madison, Blue Stars in the next grouping.

The remaining finalist spot will be an interesting battle between Spirit, Colts, Crossmen, Troopers. Add in a dark horse in OC, and we'll be in for treat this year for sure.

It's a lot a talented groups and not enough finalist spots to go around. Some very talented corps will be on the sidelines on Saturday night.

I'm happy that I'll be able to six of those corps live in the one show I'll be able to see this year...along with some other corps that I like. I can't wait.

I dunno now. I'm not so sure you can count on BD being in the top 5 this year. Something or other to do with having family day in a ghetto and humidity. You know Karma and what not.

Pittsburg Penquins to overcome their adversity and challenges, and will beat Concord Crown this season, imo.

• Like 1

Hopefully phantom can come through with more comedic gold like in 13'

• Like 1

What the heck.

1. The Cadets - (best visual performance, best percussion performance, best general effect)

2. Carolina Crown (best brass performance)

3. Blue Devils (best color guard)

4. Bluecoats

5. The Cavaliers

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Santa Clara Vanguard

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Crossmen

11. Madison Scouts

12. Spirit of Atlanta

13. Pacific Crest

14. Blue Stars