2015 Predictions

Madison in 6th. That would warm the cockles of my heart. And I don't even know what my cockles are.

Laughing my cockles off!

Madison in 6th. That would warm the cockles of my heart. And I don't even know what my cockles are.

"Presenting their 2016 program, 'What The Heck Are Cockles, Anyway?" Drum Corps International is proud to present...

Opening narration: "I've never understood why cockles need to be warmed, or why they're cold in the first place..."

I'm sure that the Scouts felt that they couldn't allow themselves to not make finals in 2002 when they were held in Madison. Yet they didn't make finals. Some things just happen whether we want them to or not.

Same here. Its going on 10 years in a row now where the Madison Scouts have finished no higher than 9th. They are due one of these years to move out of the bottom rung of the Top 12. I'd like to see them move up. That said, its not easy to garner a Finals spot each year, as the quality of the Corps in the 11-14 range is quite good, and getting better most years now. As a result, some large and talented Corps each season even fail to make Finals.

Edited by BRASSO

I know that, and you know that. It's JoshClements403 that doesn't seem to know that.

I don't think it's a crazy idea to think that on top of the great effort that's in place, that on an Anniversary year, the big ones, there's a special spark or something to push them even just a little bit further than they already are. Especially in organizations that have existed as long as ones like BAC has.

Edited by DrumManTx

I don't think it's a crazy idea to think that on top of the great effort that's in place, that on an Anniversary year, the big ones, there's a special spark or something to push them even just a little bit further than they already are. Especially in organizations that have existed as long as ones like BAC has.

A DCI Hall of Famer once told us that if you think an anniversary year or finals location at home gives you special motivation, you're probably an immature performer.

• Like 1