2015 Predictions

I'll say that it's not immature for marchers to get more motivations from anniversaries, but it is totally lame.

I'ld say its" totally lame" as well to say its " immature " for current Corps young marchers to draw motivations from their Corps anniversaries. I'll say such cynical observations mostly come from older,, jaded, followers of the activity that think most current marchers are so self absorbed that they don't draw " special motivations " when the Corps that they have decided to march with are having an anniversary year. I think these minority view observations of the young marchers in Corps today are at total odds with most of today's DCI marchers too. I don't believe for a second that most of todays marchers are as self absorbed with just themselves and their own year of marching as these, cynical,mostly oldsters would try and have us believe. But again, thats just my sense of things, and with my talking with some 2015 marchers about to hit the field in 2 weeks. Maybe I was just talking to the wrong marchers, wrong corps too, who knows. But I don't think so. If one has a history, all anniversities.. in anything... are special. As such, one does draw special motivations with that. Only the cynical, jaded would believe anniversaries don't matter. If you believe that, don't get married, and if you are married, I have some sympathies for your spouse ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

I'll say its" totally lame" to say its " immature " fo current Corps young marchers to draw motivations from their Corps anniversaries. I'll say such observations mostly come from older, cynical, jaded, followers of the activity that think most current marchers are so self absorbed that they don't draw " special motivations " when the Corps that they have decided to march with are having an anniversary year. I think these totally lame observations of the young marchers in Corps today are at total odds with most of today's DCI marchers too. I don't believe for a second that todays marchers are as self absorbed with just themselves and their own year of marching as these older, cynical, jaded, out of touch oldsters are. But again, thats just MY sense of things, and with my talking with some 2015 marchers too.

Wait, how can the lame observations of the young marchers today be at total odds with DCI's marchers today? I believe they are the same people.

• Like 1

Wait, how can the lame observations of the young marchers today be at total odds with DCI's marchers today? I believe they are the same people.

I was saying that YOUR observations are lame for thinking that the young marchers,of today that draw motivations from their particular Corps anniversary years are " lame ". I don't think todays young marchers are lame at all. It is YOUR comments that attempt to belittle them when they draw motivations from their Corps anniversaries.

I don't believe that all the staffers, marchers at the Madison Scouts that drew motivations from the fact that their Corps had their anniversary year in 2013 were " lame " to do that at all. You do. I don't believe that the Cadets staffers, marchers in their anniversary years were " lame " to draw motivation and inspiration from their prior anniversary years when they went out to the field of competition that year either. You do. And apparently this Guardling poster too. You both believe that its " lame " to draw motivation and inspiration from the fact that the Corps ( ANY Corps ) is having their anniversary year the year that they are marching. You both are " lame " for thinking this, imo. But its cool. We all have an opportunity to revel our thoughts on things, and express what we think. You did so. I did so. And both of us had the opportunity to express what we think on this. So its all good, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Current marchers are out of touch with anything relating to anything that is not Miley Cyrus or updating their Tumblrs

Former marchers are out of touch with anything that is not unison rifle tosses while wearing absurd boots and/or playing valve/rotor horns FFF with bad tone

Meanwhile, BD just wins DCI championships

• Like 3

I was saying that YOUR observations are lame for thinking that the young marchers,of today that draw motivations from their particular Corps anniversary years are " lame ". I don't think todays young marchers are lame at all. It is YOUR comments that attempt to belittle them when they draw motivations from their Corps anniversaries.

I don't believe that all the staffers, marchers at the Madison Scouts that drew motivations from the fact that their Corps had their anniversary year in 2013 were " lame " to do that at all. You do. I don't believe that the Cadets staffers, marchers in their anniversary years were " lame " to draw motivation and inspiration from their prior anniversary years when they went out to the field of competition that year either. You do. And apparently this Guardling poster too. You both believe that its " lame " to draw motivation and inspiration from the fact that the Corps ( ANY Corps ) is having their anniversary year the year that they are marching. You both are " lame " for thinking this, imo. But its cool. We all have an opportunity to revel our thoughts on things, and express what we think. You did so. I did so. And both of us had the opportunity to express what we think on this. So its all good, imo.

I will only respond because you keep bringing me up..FLAVOR OF THE WEEK for ya. here is my original post.....now spin it, like you do everything you post on every subject. which usually is only 3 or 4 subjects .

in response to Kamarag. post ( in it's entirety ( not selective sentences )

This is very true IMO. Most if not all anniversary shows usually just touch those involved or have been involved. Some older audiences may connect a bit just because it brings them back to their own time for a minute. I think most really dont care. Ive done a few shows where a corps went back in time and even with current members it was ok BUT hard to connect being they had no past experience to relate to, even if a huge history lesson was given.

For me it's nice sometimes to connect pieces from the past but it;'s because Ive been around since dirt but judging IMO will not be influenced by it.

Edited by GUARDLING

If they care as much as you guys care whether they care, they are bound to medal this year.

No... it matters not how much one " cares " ( although, I know you meant not harm with this comment, skevnp). We all know what the ingredients for placement success requires, When Pioneer has their anniversary down the road, it won't matter where they finish when it comes to their anniversary year. It is whether or not the marchers there will draw motivation and inspiration with the fact that it will be their anniversary year. Only the jaded and cynical, imo would believe that Corps marchers do not, or should not, draw motivation and inspiration from the fact that their marchers will be marching in a Corps undergoing their anniversary year. Its too funny to think that there are actually a few people on here that think like this. BUT... this is DCP, and we do see rather unusual observations made on here from time to time, imo. But thats cool.

Edited by BRASSO

I'm flattered that you've adopted some of my diction.

• Like 1

Current marchers are out of touch with anything relating to anything that is not Miley Cyrus

I hear you.. but I really don't think Miley has much support among today's DCI marchers.

I applaud the vast majority of today's DCI marchers for having FAR more discerning tastes than many of their peers their age. I disagree with this observation and assessment of todays majority of DCI marchers here too;. My guess, you are inaccurate with this assessment as well if you believe that many of today's DCI marchers like and admire Miley Cyrus. They don't. Most don't anyway. BUT... again, it does demonstrate that the assessment and observations of what todays young marchers are thinking according to some DCP'ers might be quite funny to the actual young marchers who come on here and see how they are being so ridiculously portrayed by some DCP'ers. ( lol! )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1