2015 Predictions

Having seen Cadets live three times now, I'm actually of a mind that execution will keep them in the game, but program will max out by late July, making them more likely for 3rd or 4th rather than 1st.

Cavaliers can take Crown, if they can find a way to connect the second movement to the rest of the show. They were smart to make the most technically challenging musical portion of the show the closer, since it leaves a strong impression as they wrap up. Not saying it'll happen, but it could.

My money will still be on Bluecoats to win, even up against BD. There's a lot going on, and it's all not just good, but on the leading edge of the activity, and that gets rewarded.

I've gotta root for SCV to take it this year; lots of interesting and cutting edge sounds coming out of their corps this year. Drill is second to none.

Agreed on Cavaliers taking Crown.

Blue Knights could jump too.

The Academy is going to surprise.

• Like 2

I've gotta root for SCV to take it this year; lots of interesting and cutting edge sounds coming out of their corps this year. Drill is second to none.

Agreed on Cavaliers taking Crown.

Blue Knights could jump too.

The Academy is going to surprise.

Definitely agree on The Academy, I really like what I''m seeing. Best show since 2011 IMO.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

My opinion of predictions to clarify:

1. Bluecoats - strong program, innovative, different, all solid sections, crowd favorite come finals

2. The Cadets - interesting show concept, great drill, awesome music, strong sections but can they maintain the momentum?

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - hmmm, strong percussion section, another innovative show concept but can the audience understand it and can the judges appreciate it? It needs more SPARK!!!!

4. Blue Devils - multiple focus on crack, strong sections, schizo-program, lots of CLUTTER, playing it safe with the same white props (ladders/polls/staging/box in the back field, yes they know how to program but I think they over programmed INK - judges and crowd fatigue. CLUTTER!

5. Carolina Crown - underdog, strong sections, great brass, not enough visual and g.e. to propel them to the next level?

Based on innovation in staging, ebb and flow, visual impacts, musical selections with cohesive theme and strong execution of individual members - I am seeing the Bluecoats taking GOLD. I might be reading the tea leaves way too early the season but my gut is telling me Bluecoats. Either way 2015 will go down as a great season for drum corp! Let the chips fall where they may in Indianapolis in August! :)

Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, The Academy, Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Madison Scouts, and Pioneer all have 3 or more days off from competing, in the case of The Academy, Pacific Crest, and Mandarins, it's over a week. I'm very interested to see how some of these days are spent!

• Like 1

My opinion of predictions to clarify:

1. Bluecoats - strong program, innovative, different, all solid sections, crowd favorite come finals

2. The Cadets - interesting show concept, great drill, awesome music, strong sections but can they maintain the momentum?

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - hmmm, strong percussion section, another innovative show concept but can the audience understand it and can the judges appreciate it? It needs more SPARK!!!!

4. Blue Devils - multiple focus on crack, strong sections, schizo-program, lots of CLUTTER, playing it safe with the same white props (ladders/polls/staging/box in the back field, yes they know how to program but I think they over programmed INK - judges and crowd fatigue. CLUTTER!

5. Carolina Crown - underdog, strong sections, great brass, not enough visual and g.e. to propel them to the next level?

Based on innovation in staging, ebb and flow, visual impacts, musical selections with cohesive theme and strong execution of individual members - I am seeing the Bluecoats taking GOLD. I might be reading the tea leaves way too early the season but my gut is telling me Bluecoats. Either way 2015 will go down as a great season for drum corp! Let the chips fall where they may in Indianapolis in August! :)

Too much clutter in BD's show this year? Have you simply not watched any of BD's shows since 2010? Lol. I don't think BD's usual use of white props is going to hurt them.

Cappybara - the only thing missing from your post is The Spark of Innovation :sarcasm:

• Unlike
    • As you sit by the window of your room in the City of Light, As you dip your pen in Ink, writing about the Inferno to come from the Power of 10 and you will still miss the dragons preparing to attack with the Kinetic Noise of their roars as it grasp the GOLD MEDAL at DCI Championships in 2015 :tounge2: .

There is no way Crown will medal this year.

I predicted them in 6th, but I don't think the Cavs will be able to catch them, so I'm probably off on that one, but Crown will not get higher than 5th.

Cadets will probably not medal either. I don't care how clean they get it, the GE points will start to stall come August 1st.

The only way they will medal is if the judges decide not to reward Bluecoats with their innovative material, and from the way the scores have been, this doesn't seem likely.

I predicted Bluecoats 2nd but I would not be surprised to see SCV steal that silver medal.

I'm thinking SCV may be the only real threat to the Blue Devils repeat. But I haven't seen either of those shows yet.

Still betting on BD to win again.

There is no way Crown will medal this year.

I predicted them in 6th, but I don't think the Cavs will be able to catch them, so I'm probably off on that one, but Crown will not get higher than 5th.

Cadets will probably not medal either. I don't care how clean they get it, the GE points will start to stall come August 1st.

The only way they will medal is if the judges decide not to reward Bluecoats with their innovative material, and from the way the scores have been, this doesn't seem likely.

I predicted Bluecoats 2nd but I would not be surprised to see SCV steal that silver medal.

I'm thinking SCV may be the only real threat to the Blue Devils repeat. But I haven't seen either of those shows yet.

Still betting on BD to win again.

It's a good thing you're not psychic.

I think a lot of you guys are letting your favorite corps get in the way of your judgement. Such as saying "there is no way crown is going to medal this year" REALLY? because last time I checked there was only about a one point difference between 1st and 5th and guess who is in 5th right now, the bluecoats. Its too early to call right now but just know this, The Blue Devils will medal, thats a promise. the cadets will most likely medal, its almost guaranteed. now there is a fight, I didnt say the cadets would get gold, silver, or bronze. I just said they will get one of them. its going to be a tough battle between santa clara vanguard and Carolina Crown. I know its hard to accept for all of you Bloo fanboys out there but bluecoats are going to rot in 5th this year..thats my opinion. and as of right now it is fact.

My Predictions, note that this could go in a number of ways as of the way they are scoring right now so just bare with me.

1. Blue Devils - they have been scoring high along with the cadets before all the other corps started stepping up and I mean come on they are the F'n blue devils lol

This is where it gets really hard...

2. Carolina Crown - Amazing music in my opinion. They are only 4 tenths of a point away from cadets right now and I just feel like this show is going to explode.

3. Either Cadets or Santa Clara - Both really great shows, both with their highs and lows, I feel like the cadets are a little more precise and better at execution so I think the Cadets will take the bronze.

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Bluecoats - Great drumline, really interesting show, but all in all they just couldnt keep up. Their show has a lot of faults in it right now, but doesnt every show? who knows, like I said before there is a really small gap between 1st and 5th, Anyone of these top 5 corps could medal this year. its going to be a tight one but I feel like there is just too much competition this year for this corps.

Its hard to even predict the positions but I know for a fact that is the top 5. I wish my cavies could be up there but with the 5 point spread the bluecoats have on them and phantom, i doubt anyone else will even threaten the top 5 this year.

6. Cavaliers - My favorite, I wish they could go higher but sadly they just arent what they use to be..maybe next year. really great show though, I love the music.

7. PHANTOM REGIMENT!!!

8 blue stars

9 boston crusaders

10 crossmen

11 madison scouts

12 blue stars

• Like 2