2015 Predictions

I'm still hoping they change the last set of the closer.

I got the impression watching them learn it last week that it was there as a holding-place kind of thing. Nothing concrete mentioned, but it just seemed sort of thrown in to charge the sideline.

The Cadets visual closer looks like a full gallop by the marchers. Not sure that has either GE, or Perf. Visual points that can be had over something less of a full gallop. Otherwise, their Show Design is superb, all around, imo.

I agree they tweak the end especially if it affects music quality.

OMG Cadets fanboys, leave the guy alone...it's just an opinion...

We know what it is. He's entitled to it, and we're entitled to comment on it. Most people offer balanced opinions.

• Like 2

We know what it is. He's entitled to it, and we're entitled to comment on it. Most people offer balanced opinions.

And the funny part is most of us that have a problem with the guy are not Cadet Fanboys.

• Like 2

1st-Cadets

2nd-BD

3rd-Crown (if they can fix the Closer, 5th if they don't)

4th-Bluecoats (really could be as high as 2nd if BD starts slacking)

5th-SCV

6th-Blue Knights (just Because)

7th-Cavies

8th-Phantom

9th-12th: the Struggle is real

My prediction. After seeing DCI Minnesota, I don't see how Cadets can lose, how BD can get less than 2nd, and how Crown doesn't get 3rd. That said, haven't seen Bluecoats, They're probably in there somewhere. Blue Stars ahead of Scouts, Crossmen, Troopers and Boston, but behind BK and the rest of the G-7.

I don't know.

Maybe the Blue Devils' show is not as strong as I thought it would be. I haven't seen their show yet. Based on last year's results, and their theme for this year, it really seemed like another 99+ point result, never mind "spreads".

I fully expected SCV and Bluecoats to medal this year. That would leave The Cadets out of it, if BD did win again. And it isn't so much that I dislike The Cadets, because I don't, I just think that SCV is overdue for a medal based on the last couple seasons, and Bluecoats org. seems like they're hungry for another medal and decided to raise the bar.

Another thing, and I know I should just keep this to myself, but really, how can "The Power of 10" even compete, when "E=mc^2" is so much more advanced and complicated? It's rudimentary mathematics vs. Einstein. Crown won by a small margin in 2013. If Cadets win by a bigger margin, it would be a travesty, especially when Crown's show was so much more thought out than what Cadets have put on the field this year.

One other thing. A corps can clean, clean, clean all they want, but much more often than not, gold medals are given to the better show, not the cleanest show. That's both musically and visually. Sure, Cadets are cleaning like mad now, but what about when there's nothing left to clean, and the other corps catch up?

GE scores are partly based on how clean the show is, and that's because a dirty show does not give as much an effect as a clean one. Whatever judge might say otherwise is lying.

In any case, whoever medals and whoever doesn't, I think the best thing so far is how close this top 6 is. Just 2.25 separating the pack leader and Blue Knights.

Cadets beat Crown by 2.2 in Warrensburg.

Things are going to get even more interesting between San Antonio and Finals week.

I've already got my tickets for Friday the 7th. I'm so excited, I can't wait.

Another thing, and I know I should just keep this to myself, but really, how can "The Power of 10" even compete, when "E=mc^2" is so much more advanced and complicated? It's rudimentary mathematics vs. Einstein. Crown won by a small margin in 2013. If Cadets win by a bigger margin, it would be a travesty, especially when Crown's show was so much more thought out than what Cadets have put on the field this year.

So Cadets shouldn't be doing as well as they are this year because of Crown's show two years ago.

Makes total sense....

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 4

I predict that twelve corps will march in the finals thing and be very happy! Wow! The couple that end 13-15 will shed some tears, but the season will still have been a great one, knowing that the ability level of all corps was extremely high caliber to the point where 12 corps simply isn't enough. On the last day, the drum major will look at the horn sgt with a glimmering eye, put her hat down over her melancholy visage, and say under her breath, "I choose you, Pikachu." And the horn sgt will be released into the wild, suddenly unaware of the events in the preceding three months.