2015 Predictions

Oh man. Everyone's going to predict SCV just like last year. And they'll still probably not win.

• Like 1

Since I was way off when I made early predictions last year at this time, I should stay away from this thread. But here it goes.....

BD does not always top previous year's shows but that has never put them out of contention so predicting them as a contender is a no brainer.

Bloo will have momentum on its side, but they also had quite a few age outs, at least according to its Facebook page. I think the momentum will win out however.

Cadets: I'm staying away. Many predicted huge defections last year combined with age outs and had them in the hole until Akron and when Akron surprised everyone, the show got continually trashed.

SCV: has huge shoes to fill after the past three years, no doubt it will be great.

Crown: seemed to have late season snafus but was still competitive. The corps appeared to be very young this year and while they had a significant number of age outs, word is they had many rookies, so if this is what they did with a young corps, what will happen when these kids become experienced?

Cavies: They tasted the blood this year (I know, bad joke). Cavies are back and will be more competitive.

Phantom: Too early to tell.

BK: Another youngish looking corps. Could possibly surge

Blue Stars: Probably in the same vicinity placement wise as this year.

BAC: They'll have a more traditional show for their 75th. It will not be a memory lane show but a show that will highlight the odds the corps has faced as well as the glory.

Madison: underscored this year. Depends on show and recruits.

Crossmen: too early to tell. Knowing how disappointed they were to not place in 2013, I think they will do their best to not make a repeat in 2015.

Now one thing I do not expect is next year to be better than this year. If it is, great. If it's as exciting, even better, but this may have been one of those exceptional years that rolls around every once in a while, but as I say this 2014 was the fourth exceptional year in a row. I had average expectations for 2011 and was blown away, 2012 amazed me even more. I thought 2013 was as good as it gets and then we had this year. For me the last time that happened was 1985-89.

My predictions for other corps will have to wait. I just noticed the time.......

Edited by Tim K

BD will probably win. But they aren't guaranteed. They're 5 for 8 starting in 2007. So a 38% chance they won't win. ;-)

Will be interesting if Cavies get back into medal contention. And with Fiedler still trying to build a medaling corps, maybe it's about time they reach the top 3 again.

And then there's the enigmas of Coats and Cadets. Hmmm

Yes, let's talk about Crown and "history" for a moment, shall we? :thumbdown:

"I'll give them more respect"...good grief. For a honk of a team that's won 1 championship, and then only very, very recently, that's pretty hilarious. Coats were making finals before Crown existed.

I love Crown, but man, I'm guessing they don't want that kind of negativity associated with them at all.

How is this from a Crown Honk? I believe this is the first of a string of summers that Bluecoats will be at the forefront of innovation, and they may just very well contend for championships for a while? As long as it is Crown they are chasing for a championship . :cool:

I think Bloo will metal again... I don't know if they will win the championship.. It depends on if they can build off this year's show design and momentum.

I have a feeling that SCV will make a big push.

BD is guaranteed to be in top 3.

SO that would have to push someone out.. So Probably Cadets 4th, Crown 5th?

Here's my predictions on who could medal:

Blue Devils - You get the idea.

Cadets - They often put on entertaining and medal-worthy shows on odd-numbered years, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

SCV - Classy as their shows may be, will the tame concepts of recent years be their Achilles heel?

Crown - If they want to medal, they need to 1) start with a fresh design and 2) fix that percussion.

Bluecoats - As entertaining as their 2014 show was, how will they keep the momentum going?

Yes, let's talk about Crown and "history" for a moment, shall we? :thumbdown:

"I'll give them more respect"...good grief. For a honk of a team that's won 1 championship, and then only very, very recently, that's pretty hilarious. Coats were making finals before Crown existed.

I love Crown, but man, I'm guessing they don't want that kind of negativity associated with them at all.

He never once mentioned Crown in his post yet you respond with comparing them to Crown? Did you see his Crown logo and just assume everything he says is in some way related to Crown? I'm changing mine, you people are insane. I like a show/corps therefore I'm a homer and everything I say is in comparison.

He never once mentioned Crown in his post yet you respond with comparing them to Crown? Did you see his Crown logo and just assume everything he says is in some way related to Crown? I'm changing mine, you people are insane. I like a show/corps therefore I'm a homer and everything I say is in comparison.

When you have in your signature that you marched Crown 2005, yeah, I'm going to make that logical leap. If Cap Reg were still around I'd be an insane homer for them, too.

Edited by geluf