2015 Predictions

They'd be foolish not too, given the reality.

Maybe the key is in some form of robotics-inspired show...where the MM's themselves become the props. Oh wait...can't do that. They'd open themselves up to too many charges of "Park and Bark." However, it would be amusing to see marchers move like robots at 200 beats per minute. Talk about multiple responsibilities...

Edited by HornTeacher

DCI adds extra credit to judging system so BD can break 100 at finals.

I think adding extra credit for trying something that hasn't been done before... 1/2 point if succesful and 1 point deduction if not...lol

How about a slew of MM shaped props? The guard moves them around..um..I mean..."stages them", and makes the corps look lots bigger than it really is. Or, shoot...program them to move...um...I mean "stage" themselves. Can you image a corps of ASIMOs doing perfect drill, while the actual playing members jam out to Styx? How's that for simulacrum (or whatever its called)?

• Like 1

How about a slew of MM shaped props? The guard moves them around..um..I mean..."stages them", and makes the corps look lots bigger than it really is. Or, shoot...program them to move...um...I mean "stage" themselves. Can you image a corps of ASIMOs doing perfect drill, while the actual playing members jam out to Styx? How's that for simulacrum (or whatever its called)?

Been done before.I cant remember a drum corps, although there could have been but it has been done by bands as well as winter guards. I remember a HS guard made it quite famous, I think in the 80s

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Been done before.I cant remember a drum corps, although there could have been but it has been done by bands as well as winter guards. I remember a HS guard made it quite famous, I think in the 80s

I assume you mean the mannequin part, and not the robot part. Because the latter could get quite expensive.

You might need realistic-looking androids to have the simulacrum.

"...performing their 2027 production, Uncanny Valley, Drum Corps International is proud to present..."

The entire tour would be paired with planted rumors that they have a 151st human member. They'll actually have 149 members, and possibly fewer as the summer goes along. :-)

• Like 1

yes it seems to me that...

Props = GE

Yes Bad props=free GE

I'm guessing .... harlequin!

1194989357134683844pattern-diamond-harle

Why stop there? They can get the tailor Madison used for their Color Guard this year.

• Like 1

Maybe the key is in some form of robotics-inspired show...where the MM's themselves become the props. Oh wait...can't do that. They'd open themselves up to too many charges of "Park and Bark." However, it would be amusing to see marchers move like robots at 200 beats per minute. Talk about multiple responsibilities...

I like where you're going with this!

06_21_2011_cavaliers_2006.jpg

GroupShot12006Cavaliers.jpg