2015 Predictions

The StarCoatDevilKnights will win, and the StarCoatDevilKnights "B" corps will squeeze into finals, along with the Cadets-Cadets.

And I should add that Blue will finish in second. (Yes, just "Blue." Odd series of splits and mergers leading to that.)

• Like 2

And I want to see SCV step up their game and start heading into medal territory

*head BACK into medal territory

Bluecoats will be back at 5th or 6th separated from the pack above them as they usually are. In the past 10 years, their shows score around a 92-94. They had a great show in '10 with Metropolis and a great one this year too but otherwise, the design team have came up just a bit short. Once they put together a string of shows, I'll give them more respect but for now I'm going with history and bumping them back down.

• Like 1

Bluecoats will be back at 5th or 6th separated from the pack above them as they usually are. In the past 10 years, their shows score around a 92-94. They had a great show in '10 with Metropolis and a great one this year too but otherwise, the design team have came up just a bit short. Once they put together a string of shows, I'll give them more respect but for now I'm going with history and bumping them back down.

Yes, let's talk about Crown and "history" for a moment, shall we? :thumbdown:

"I'll give them more respect"...good grief. For a honk of a team that's won 1 championship, and then only very, very recently, that's pretty hilarious. Coats were making finals before Crown existed.

I love Crown, but man, I'm guessing they don't want that kind of negativity associated with them at all.

• Like 5

I think it's a Vanguard year for sure

Maybe Troopers will finally make Finals

And Academy makes at least 13th

• Like 1

All that said.

I think Coats can medal again, but I've got to be honest that after BD's 99.65 tonight I'm not sure they will ever lose again.

BD's staff has quite clearly completely figured out DCI and until they move on to other corps/pursuits in large enough numbers I think we're going to see several BD wins in a row for the next several years. They've got it down to a science.

• Like 2

Yes, let's talk about Crown and "history" for a moment, shall we? :thumbdown:

"I'll give them more respect"...good grief. For a honk of a team that's won 1 championship, and then only very, very recently, that's pretty hilarious. Coats were making finals before Crown existed.

I love Crown, but man, I'm guessing they don't want that kind of negativity associated with them at all.

Lets talk about history.

Bluecoats being a long standing corps at dci is great. Theyve been pretty consistent especially over the past 10 years. But before this season their highest score was just a 96.4 and a year they got bronze. Now they broke their own record and have gotten silver. I am very excited for this corps.

Meanwhile crown had topped 96.4 4 times and have medaled 3 times. Despite a shorter history. Their design team is great, they pump out shows that have wide appeal and top quality (rach star being an exception). Even their 4-5th place shows are awesome. To me at least.

The bluecoats unfortunately tend to fall flat. They struck gold this year, but i would be surprised to see them carry this forward. A great corps can only take a bad design so far. If they do produce another top show id love it.

Now to my predictions.

1. SCV because one of these years itll happen. The pieces are in place. I think most reasonable folk expected 2015 to be their year now that theyve molded the staff. Although who knows what changes may come.

2. BD because its BD.

3. Crown. Crown surges back up to medaling with another roaring show. Made better with new percussion staff.

4. Bloo. The corps was the sweetheart of the year. I am hoping they can be consistent 3-4 instead of 5-7.

5. Cavies. They are back, it seems. Finally.

6. Cadets. Yes 6th. Oh well.

7. BK. They are so much more mature in their sound as a corps. I couldnt be more impressed with them.

8. Boston. They do a 1984 show.

9. Blue Stars. Are they back to stay? They built a home at lucas oil.

10. Phantom. Another production like swan lake and we could see them slip further. They go over the top and do a show that includes a lot of deaths. Judges say meh. Stars and boston are rising.

11. Colts. Yep. They improved greatlyfrom last year, thanks to having many of the xmen staff join them. Itll continue and the perc issues get sorted out. More mature sound and they become finals quality.

12. Madison. While unhappy with placement, madison is still entertaining. Drum corps dream part drei.

13. Troopers.

14. Spirit.

15. OC.

16. Crossmen

17. PC

18. Academy

Good enough

• Like 1

Your analysis is fine.

Wilme861's, however, was focused on one corps and came off like bitterness for seeing his own group fall to one he doesn't like.

I will just predict SCV... (not necessarily a prediction, more like a desire)

I would like them to do a show based on Chicago the Musical or revisit Fiddler on the Roof (I've always wanted to see the Bottle Dance live.

Either that or I would predict that they will include a show that has "The Canyon" by Phillip Glass.

• Like 1