2015 Predictions

Heck, I picked Blue Knights in 9th and Blue Stars in 8th. I don't even know how to begin to defend that prediction.

I had Spirit in 12th and Blue Stars out of finals, sooooo yeah, I know how you feel :withstupid:

Well it's certainly the type of season we were all hoping for. Whoever wins this season will certainly deserve an extra round of applause. Everyone stepped up their game this season.

• Like 1

Guys, you might stone me for this but what would you all do if there is a tie at finals this year in any place. I think it is within the realm of possibility this season with so, so, so many good corps and shows. (Just my humble opinion, hath mercy on me! :D )

I'll stone you. :fight:

• Like 1

Well it's certainly the type of season we were all hoping for. Whoever wins this season will certainly deserve an extra round of applause. Everyone stepped up their game this season.

Didn't they though? It's like they all decided to be better than "yesterday".

One day a corps could be sitting in 9th and the next in 13th or 14th. The way this season is starting to "shake up" there might be one or two corps that are totally deserving of the top 12 that are going to miss out; in addition, a top 7 corps might miss out on being top 7. :rock:

• Like 1

. The way this season is starting to "shake up" there might be one or two corps that are totally deserving of the top 12 that are going to miss out; :rock:

That happens just abut every year... going back decades too.

When we go into the history of DCI, we see lots of years where the 13th, 14th place Corps in Prelims ( usually, 13th place Corps ) just barely lost out of making Finals, sometimes by a mere tenth some years. Its when we get to 14th, or 15th and below where we see that these Corps really were out of the running for a Finals spot come Championships week. But lots of 13th place Corps just missed out, and they usually at the time were very fine Corps that season. This year will be no different. One or more good Corps, with good shows, are not going to be performing on Finals Night this season, and just missing out on their goal of making the TOP 12, and performing with the others at Championships on Finals Night.

In 1990, BAC came in 11th in prelims and landed in 15th in semis....it was their 50th Anniversary, so that pretty much decimates the "extra credit for anniversary years" notion.

I still think Boston might well end up in 8th by the end...meanwhile, no panic here. The kids and staff are working hard....tomorrow night in San Antonio may provide us with even more drama. Definitely no slotting this year!

One day a corps could be sitting in 9th and the next in 13th or 14th. The way this season is starting to "shake up" there might be one or two corps that are totally deserving of the top 12 that are going to miss out; in addition, a top 7 corps might miss out on being top 7. :rock:

As we sit here on July18th, the rankings of the Corps are pretty much where they all finished up last season, except for a position or two.

For example, out of the top 16 Corps in World Class Division only 2 Corps ( Blue Stars & Academy) are more than 2 positions removed from where they finished up last season. And both of these Corps are only currently 3 positions removed from where they finished up last season.

As we sit here on July18th, the rankings of the Corps are pretty much where they all finished up last season, except for a position or two.

For example, out of the top 16 Corps in World Class Division only 2 Corps ( Blue Stars & Academy) are more than 2 positions removed from where they finished up last season. And both of these Corps are only currently 3 positions removed from where they finished up last season.

I see you are an avid subscriber to the C.I. theory.

I see you are an avid subscriber to the C.I. theory.

Yes, it would appear so. While I can not claim this theory as my own, the theory does appear to have practical value when its hypothesis is tested vs real world placement results when we go back and look at the historical data. Initially I was not convinced of its theory value, was an initial skeptic, but I have come around to the thinking that CI does appear to have some substantive validity in its application now. At the very least, CI can no longer be dismissed so easily. Facts, and/or recognizable, concrete data have a funny way of not going away even when we might not be paying attention to them, or pretending that the data did not lead us to a conclusion that we might not otherwise be prepared to want to make.

Edited by BRASSO