2015 Predictions

• Cadets- It's harder to tell a story than present a theme. Maybe next year Cadets do less story telling.

Devils- Blue Devils have a formula that works.

Crown- Crown has too good of an organization to roll over They will be back! They just hired Tom Aungst ( Top 3)

Bluecoats- Bloo had my favorite show in 2014. Can they do something just as good AND fix the weak captions?

Cavies- Cavies are creeping up there!

SCV- CG , Brass and Vis. Fix that you medal.

Phantom-I don't know

BKnights- If they put on another beautiful show and tighten their captions...

Boston- They Should be top 6!

Madison- Don't over think your shows. If you do Stan Kenton pick a few songs play the #### out of them and march a nice show. No Hamster wheels!

Blue Stars- Need an edgier show

Colts- You're due!

Bluecoats will be back at 5th or 6th separated from the pack above them as they usually are. In the past 10 years, their shows score around a 92-94. They had a great show in '10 with Metropolis and a great one this year too but otherwise, the design team have came up just a bit short. Once they put together a string of shows, I'll give them more respect but for now I'm going with history and bumping them back down.

While I understand your point of view, I think you're underestimating the power of their current creative staff, which was different in 2014 and will carry forward.

My predictions for 2015:

• Someone will play Eric Whitacre
  • Someone will change uniforms and it will be reviled by the majority, but not as badly as Phantom's Black Aztec Bondage outfits
  • A non-G7 corps will finish in the top 7

I would hope that phantom is changing unis...

• Like 1

1. Vanguard - Only one crops will defeat BD over the course of the season and only that corps has a chance to win at finals; for '15 it will be Santa Clara

2. Blue Devils - Won't place below 2nd any time soon; they're formula is just too effective; predicting them to win would be too easy

3. Bluecoats - End up 1st or 3rd; only one crops will defeat BD, could be coats

4. Crown - They will be amazing but others will be better

5. Cadets - Execution will be remarkable but show design will hold them back

6. Cavaliers - Will be very strong; may end up 5th

7. Boston - Boston rebounds and takes it up a notch

8. Phantom Regiment - 8, 9, and 10 will be a cat fight all season

9. Blue Knights - Another remarkable show like '14

10. Madison Scouts - Greatly improved design and a monster fun show - Scouts will shine in fierce competition

11. Blue Stars - Will still be great, but others will be just as good or better

12. Troopers - A truly amazing show the kids will perform the crap out of; The '15 "Throw babies" show

13. Oregon Crusaders - Knocking on the door

14. Blue Devils B - Serve notice their '14 placement was no fluke

15. Crossmen

16. Colts

17. Spirit of Atlanta

• Cadets- It's harder to tell a story than present a theme. Maybe next year Cadets do less story telling.
  • Devils- Blue Devils have a formula that works.
  • Crown- Crown has too good of an organization to roll over They will be back! They just hired Tom Aungst ( Top 3)
  • Bluecoats- Bloo had my favorite show in 2014. Can they do something just as good AND fix the weak captions?
  • Cavies- Cavies are creeping up there!
  • SCV- CG , Brass and Vis. Fix that you medal.
  • Phantom-I don't know
  • BKnights- If they put on another beautiful show and tighten their captions...
  • Boston- They Should be top 6!
  • Madison- Don't over think your shows. If you do Stan Kenton pick a few songs play the #### out of them and march a nice show. No Hamster wheels!
  • Blue Stars- Need an edgier show
  • Colts- You're due!

Surprised to learn The COLTS have only made finals 2 times since 2000 !

Average placement since 2000 = 14.21 last 14 years.

• Like 1

1. Vanguard - Only one crops will defeat BD over the course of the season and only that corps has a chance to win at finals; for '15 it will be Santa Clara

2. Blue Devils - Won't place below 2nd any time soon; they're formula is just too effective; predicting them to win would be too easy

3. Bluecoats - End up 1st or 3rd; only one crops will defeat BD, could be coats

4. Crown - They will be amazing but others will be better

5. Cadets - Execution will be remarkable but show design will hold them back

6. Cavaliers - Will be very strong; may end up 5th

7. Boston - Boston rebounds and takes it up a notch

8. Phantom Regiment - 8, 9, and 10 will be a cat fight all season

9. Blue Knights - Another remarkable show like '14

10. Madison Scouts - Greatly improved design and a monster fun show - Scouts will shine in fierce competition

11. Blue Stars - Will still be great, but others will be just as good or better

12. Troopers - A truly amazing show the kids will perform the crap out of; The '15 "Throw babies" show

13. Oregon Crusaders - Knocking on the door

14. Blue Devils B - Serve notice their '14 placement was no fluke

15. Crossmen

16. Colts

17. Spirit of Atlanta

If:

1) By truly amazing, you mean it in terms of the visual and GE angles, and;

2) "perform the crap out of" really means "perform the crap out of", and;

3) The Horn line progresses as well as it has over the past few years

4) The Percussion also continues its' positive upward direction...

12th place won't be the place to aim for. Seek higher.

If:

1) By truly amazing, you mean it in terms of the visual and GE angles, and; - yes continued growth and enhancement of overall design and integration

2) "perform the crap out of" really means "perform the crap out of", and; - The kids and staff max out what they have finals week

3) The Horn line progresses as well as it has over the past few years - yes

4) The Percussion also continues its' positive upward direction... - yes

12th place won't be the place to aim for. Seek higher. - I'll be happy to see them in finals as a first step for '15, build on that and move forward

• Like 2

If:

1) By truly amazing, you mean it in terms of the visual and GE angles, and; - yes continued growth and enhancement of overall design and integration

2) "perform the crap out of" really means "perform the crap out of", and; - The kids and staff max out what they have finals week

3) The Horn line progresses as well as it has over the past few years - yes

4) The Percussion also continues its' positive upward direction... - yes

12th place won't be the place to aim for. Seek higher. - I'll be happy to see them in finals as a first step for '15, build on that and move forward

As would I, dev. Most assuredly and heartily. But...what is wrong with aiming high? I've always felt that we often, at best, achieve the level of which we aim. Aim for 12th...get 12th...FANTASTIC!! Aim for 10th...don't reach it...but finish 11th? In the long run, I (and maybe it's just me) will take the second eventuality every day of the week...and twice on Sunday, as they say. In the end however, I remain first and foremost, an ardent fan and supporter of the Troopers from Casper, Wyoming. And I will be proud of the young men and women who constitute the membership of that group. No eventual placement number will change that. My level of happiness? Maybe. But my pride and support? Not on your life. And not in a million lifetimes.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2