2015 Predictions

Was waiting on a few more staff announcements.

Here goes:

1. Blue Devils

2. Crown

3. Bluecoats

4. Cavies

5. Cadets

6. SCV

7. Blue Stars

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston

10. Phantom

11. Madison

12. Crossmen

13. Colts

14. Troopers

15. The Academy

16. Pacific Crest

17. OC

18. Blue Devils B

19. Mandarins

20.Vanguard Cadets

21. Spirit of Atlanta

22. Cades

23. Genesis

24. Jersey Surf

25. Spartans

• Like 1

I'm not sure whether or not Madison will move up or down the ranks due to their new staff.

In one case, the new design and instructional staff may have a year of getting used to eachother's work and therefore design would not be great and affect Madison's GE and they'll move down.

In another case, the new staff are skilled in setting up the members for success with drill and music that compliments to their expected talent pool and they move up. Judging by the new staff and what I have heard about them, I think this may be the case. Especially Scott Boerma and the new drum guy.

Drums were a problem for the Scouts last year and I think their new writer and instructor(can't remember his name for the life of me) will definitely enhance their program.

Brass was good in Madison's case last year. If only Scott were their caption head as well and they'd really soar!

I'm not sure whether or not Madison will move up or down the ranks due to their new staff.

In one case, the new design and instructional staff may have a year of getting used to eachother's work and therefore design would not be great and affect Madison's GE and they'll move down.

In another case, the new staff are skilled in setting up the members for success with drill and music that compliments to their expected talent pool and they move up. Judging by the new staff and what I have heard about them, I think this may be the case. Especially Scott Boerma and the new drum guy.

Drums were a problem for the Scouts last year and I think their new writer and instructor(can't remember his name for the life of me) will definitely enhance their program.

Brass was good in Madison's case last year. If only Scott were their caption head as well and they'd really soar!

I wouldn't be worried about them, to be honest, I would feel very confident. The colorguard supervisor, Scott Boerma, and the visual supervisor have all worked together. As for James Sparling, he and Scott Boerma worked on some of the Macy's music, and he is very talented, so I wouldn't worry. He's also not new, James I mean, he's been with the corps for several years and was basically in the role he is in now last year, with Lee Beddis being more of an individual that was offering wisdom, and overseeing things.

If you liked Madison's brass last year, it's virtually the same teaching staff, with a new arranger.

Musically, Scott Boerma is overseeing it all which is a great move because the guy is brilliant. Even though he is not the caption head, he is not one to just write charts and be out of the picture beyond that, he will be very involved I am sure.

Now, as far as their movement, I am saying they'll jump to 5 or 6, which I am sure will get blasted, but I have a great deal of confidence in this team.

I could definitely see them moving up, but I would be shocked to see them anywhere close to 5th.

I can understand. I've been hoping for this for some time, I am just very confident in who is coming to/back to the corps, and who is staying with from the 2014 staff, and the members that did not age out. Might be wishful thinking, but that's what I've got to do.

Anything is possible... but anyone predicting that a lower TOP 12 Corps is going to move up 4 or 5 placement positions the following season is engaging in more wishful thinking than grounded reality of what is reasonably doable. Corps in the lower TOP 12 have moved up 4 or 5 positions in one season in the ancient past, but its been a long time since a lower TOP 12 Corps made a 4-5 placement position jump the following season.

It is sort of regrettable that a " competitive team"s " chances of moving up a nominal 4-5 places in one season seems like a far fetched wishful thinking kind of thing.. I can't think of any sport out there... amateur or pro... where moving from 10th, 11th, 12th.... up 4 or 5 positions in final rankings the following season seems like an almost herculean and unprecedented placement movement. DCI seems unique in its inability of lower Top 12 " teams " to move up more than a couple of placement positions.. at best... the following season.

Edited by BRASSO

Anything is possible... but anyone predicting that a lower TOP 12 Corps is going to move up 4 or 5 placement positions the following season is engaging in more wishful thinking than grounded reality of what is reasonably doable. Corps in the lower TOP 12 have moved up 4 or 5 positions in one season in the ancient past, but its been a long time since a lower TOP 12 Corps made a 4-5 placement position jump the following season.

It is sort of regrettable that a " competitive team"s " chances of moving up a nominal 4-5 places in one season seems like a far fetched wishful thinking kind of thing.. I can't think of any sport out there... amateur or pro... where moving from 10th, 11th, 12th.... up 4 or 5 positions in final rankings the following season seems like an almost herculean and unprecedented placement movement. DCI seems unique in its inability of lower Top 12 " teams " to move up more than a couple of placement positions.. at best... the following season.

You are right, it is harder in today's DCI to jump a lot, and maybe it is wishful thinking, but that's how I feel about 2015.

I wouldn't be worried about them, to be honest, I would feel very confident. The colorguard supervisor, Scott Boerma, and the visual supervisor have all worked together. As for James Sparling, he and Scott Boerma worked on some of the Macy's music, and he is very talented, so I wouldn't worry. He's also not new, James I mean, he's been with the corps for several years and was basically in the role he is in now last year, with Lee Beddis being more of an individual that was offering wisdom, and overseeing things.

If you liked Madison's brass last year, it's virtually the same teaching staff, with a new arranger.

Musically, Scott Boerma is overseeing it all which is a great move because the guy is brilliant. Even though he is not the caption head, he is not one to just write charts and be out of the picture beyond that, he will be very involved I am sure.

Now, as far as their movement, I am saying they'll jump to 5 or 6, which I am sure will get blasted, but I have a great deal of confidence in this team.

Boerma will arrange Madison to sound like "Madison" again. That's the cat that gave them their great arrangements for a very successful stretch of their past. He'll be spectacular I'm sure....