2015 Predictions

On another note, does anyone think Colts could possibly make their way into the top 12 again?

Excellent possibility. I expect another slugfest between Troopers, Crossmen, Colts, and perhaps Oregon Crusaders next year.

• Like 2

Show me a year in the last 15 years where the average age of BD was the same as a High School Senior, and I'll show you some ocean front property in Arizona.

Don't laugh about " oceanfront property in Arizona". With Global Warming, Phoenix will be threatened by 2020 at high tide.

I don't understand why Cadets score so high? I mean I have respect for the corps and any corps to be honest but I just don't understand their placement? Anyone care to explain why they are so successful scoring wise?

Edited by GamecubeMan

^^^^^ You are confusing your opinion of their "show" with their performance level. I didn't love their show last season but they march, spin, drum and blow extremely well. I saw them a few times last year and was mesmerized by their proficiency. Didn't love the show but they are championship caliber almost every year.

• Like 3

I don't understand why Cadets score so high? I mean I have respect for the corps and any corps to be honest but I just don't understand their placement? Anyone care to explain why they are so successful scoring wise?

Their musicians play very well, actually great most of the time, their guard is usually pretty phenomenal, they march great. Their show designs, well they leave a lot to be desired some years for fans, but are usually done well. That's my take.

That 12.25 show, IMO was absolutely amazing, and I thought didn't get the credit it deserved. Last year's show, musically/visually what you could see was done very well, there was just that stage and the lip-syncing narrator that got in the way, for me anyway.

• Like 4

Their musicians play very well, actually great most of the time, their guard is usually pretty phenomenal, they march great. Their show designs, well they leave a lot to be desired some years for fans, but are usually done well. That's my take.

That 12.25 show, IMO was absolutely amazing, and I thought didn't get the credit it deserved. Last year's show, musically/visually what you could see was done very well, there was just that stage and the lip-syncing narrator that got in the way, for me anyway.

12.25 is musically way better than the crap they've been putting out the past 5-6 years in my opinion (with the exception of 2013). As for overall design, eh.

12.25 is musically way better than the crap they've been putting out the past 5-6 years in my opinion (with the exception of 2013). As for overall design, eh.

I hardly call their Side X Side production in 2013 musically "crap" - it won high percussion, and high music and was very highly regarding musically by many of us.

The program and performance left the music GE judges positively gushing.

JMO.

Edited by George Dixon

I hardly call their Side X Side production in 2013 musically "crap" - it won high percussion, and high music and was very highly regarding musically by many of us.

The program and performance left the music GE judges positively gushing.

JMO.

I agree George. I thought Side X Side was remarkable musically and visually.

• Like 1

Excellent possibility. I expect another slugfest between Troopers, Crossmen, Colts, and perhaps Oregon Crusaders next year.

I think the Academy should be included in this group. They were on an upswing as of last year.