2015 Predictions

I agree George. I thought Side X Side was remarkable musically and visually.

I'm sure a number of viewers of that 2013 show went searching for the Barber Symphony source music (I know I did)....take away those big boxes, and that was probably a silver medal corps. Minimize the narration and stage, and the 2014 show was also silver medal worthy. In each of those years (and others), the quality of the brass and percussion arrangements as musical compositions is very impressive.

I don't understand why Cadets score so high? I mean I have respect for the corps and any corps to be honest but I just don't understand their placement? Anyone care to explain why they are so successful scoring wise?

I'm no judge, but I imagine it has something to do with how they march, spin and play better than nearly everyone in the activity.

Edited by SpenceriEuph
  • Like 3

I hardly call their Side X Side production in 2013 musically "crap" - it won high percussion, and high music and was very highly regarding musically by many of us.

The program and performance left the music GE judges positively gushing.

JMO.

Which is exactly what I said, silly. Notice "WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2013"

Regarding the Cadets placing high... they are marching/playing BEASTS and draw top talent. They have a strong tradition and historical place in drum corps. Between Angels and Demons was a compelling show that told a story the audience could connect to. Loved it. I became a fan when I saw that show in June of 2011... having no idea then they'd take the title.

Edited by luv4corps

Which is exactly what I said, silly. Notice "WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 2013"

Did you not like the 2014 music. I mean, the abusive narration and stage got in the way for me, but the music I thought was fantastic.

1. Carolina Crown - Any way you slice it Carolina Crown Brass is amazing so if they can fine tune other aspects of the corps (drumline has always been their weakest area) they will defiantly come up on top.

2. Blue Devils - Just because they won this year doesn't mean they are unstoppable. Also there is a rumor that most of their brass is aging out so yeah.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - I am extremely curious of how they will perform this year. That have been consistently great for the past 3 years. All they need to do is reach the next level

4. Bluecoats - Their show this year was awesome but I don't know if they can keep it up.

5. Cavaliers - It seems like Cavaliers are slowly raising up for their 15 minutes of fame.

6. Phantom Regiment - They always seem to bring something new to the table so maybe they can have a better season for 2015

7. The Cadets - I think 3rd place is just the beginning of a downward spiral. Its probably just me but I don't see why they score so high. Their shows are always so boring.

8. Boston Crusaders - I think they will have a great season next year.

9. Madison Scouts - If they can clean up their act they will have a great season. I think they had a dud this year like how Crown did this year.

10. Blue Knights - I don't really watch them all that much so yeah Im not sure about them.

11. Crossmen - The corps seams to have a good rhythm going on so the corps will continue to improve.

12. Troopers - I really like this corps and hope they make finals this year. I think they really deserve it.

1) BD brass is always aging out but then they get new vets from other corps making them just as good as the year before.

2) Cavies have only improved 1 spot each year from 12-14 where others have gained more each year.

3)Phantom is on a decline with vets and staff changes and putting them ahead of cadets is just not right. Cadets have consistency in staff and havent been out of the top 5 since 1991.

4) typical Boston prediction. Every year they are put 8th and say they will have a great year with no reasoning.

5) Madison is all up in the air. New staff can sink or swim. Just because you have names doesnt mean it will be success the first year.

6) I am in no way a BK fan/homer but i cannot deny that they have been getting better especially with beating Phantom several times last year (which is where PHantom is in the decline losing to groups they normally beat)

7) You have a group that almost broke 90 completely dropping out of finals. Stars got 9th beating groups you expect to be 8th-9th. If they drop they will not drop out of finals and the only staff change was brass caption head keeping rest of brass staff, vis staff, and guard staff(4th best guard in DCI)

8) Troopers in finals is always just a fan throw in. they just want them to get 12th. (Look at previous 3 years of predictions) The best chance to sneak into top 12 my bet is Colts. And Spirit is up in the air of will they return or fall behind.

• Like 1

1) BD brass is always aging out but then they get new vets from other corps making them just as good as the year before.

2) Cavies have only improved 1 spot each year from 12-14 where others have gained more each year.

3)Phantom is on a decline with vets and staff changes and putting them ahead of cadets is just not right. Cadets have consistency in staff and havent been out of the top 5 since 1991.

4) typical Boston prediction. Every year they are put 8th and say they will have a great year with no reasoning.

5) Madison is all up in the air. New staff can sink or swim. Just because you have names doesnt mean it will be success the first year.

6) I am in no way a BK fan/homer but i cannot deny that they have been getting better especially with beating Phantom several times last year (which is where PHantom is in the decline losing to groups they normally beat)

7) You have a group that almost broke 90 completely dropping out of finals. Stars got 9th beating groups you expect to be 8th-9th. If they drop they will not drop out of finals and the only staff change was brass caption head keeping rest of brass staff, vis staff, and guard staff(4th best guard in DCI)

8) Troopers in finals is always just a fan throw in. they just want them to get 12th. (Look at previous 3 years of predictions) The best chance to sneak into top 12 my bet is Colts. And Spirit is up in the air of will they return or fall behind.

Crown , Bluecoats, Blue Stars, Cadets to finish where again, in your preseason prediction ? I'm confused with what your placement predictions are here.

Edited by BRASSO

Did you not like the 2014 music. I mean, the abusive narration and stage got in the way for me, but the music I thought was fantastic.

It was decent. But their hornline sounded lifeless throughout the season. Listen to 2013 and then 2014. Huge difference. I don't think the arrangements were too bad, but the corps didn't sound like they were into it so I didn't enjoy it.