2015 Predictions

Wow man, now I know that people can completely take what you said the wrong way. I'm not bashing anyone and I'm definitely not saying Crown got screwed out of anything. If you saw my other posts in other threads, you would know my opinion on stuff this year...

Anyways, my point was that the consistency from Bluecoats isn't there just yet based on this single year. For comparison sake, look at 2008 to now. Bluecoats have finished in the top 4 just twice, in 2010 and now 2014. In that same period Crown has finished in the top 4 in every year until their 5th place show this year. Btw I only use Crown since I know Crown and can back them up (that's why I basically only give examples using Crown so I don't sound like I'm just making stuff up.)

Bluecoats had a great show in 2010 and got 3rd and everyone was predicting they would make a push for gold in the next year and they ended up back in their usual range of 5th-7th. I'm not saying they won't be great next year but I'm not going to be jumping the gun on them just yet until they give me top 4 level shows year after year. They tend to just be off on another level below the top 4 corps every year for the most part. I just want them to consistently contend for a medal each year first. They have the ability to do it so let's see what happens.

Until then, my top 4 will be BD, Cadets, Crown and SCV for now for 2015.

You are correct in that Bloo has not been consistent in their runnings for top placement. The Bluecoats have a large number of age outs, so there are two things not working in their favor. It does seem like Bluecoats have been making the correct staff changes in the right places recently to counter that. Their brass is competitive among the top (though not yet to Crown's consistency), their guard has made large leaps these past two years, and their percussion is stellar as ever. Just in year one, Bloo's visual staff has drastically improved their visual scores to help make them more competitive. With more than likely large audition numbers from their success this year, the Bluecoats do seem to have themselves set up for a successful follow up year.

I just hope Bluecoats don't do "Squat"

Lol multiple ways that could be percieved.

• Like 1

Bluecoats 2015....

"Level: A Dyslexic's Response to 'Tilt'"

• Like 2

Will be interesting if Cavies get back into medal contention. And with Fiedler still trying to build a medaling corps, maybe it's about time they reach the top 3 again.

Fiedler is trying to build a medaling corps.... at SCV, not Cavies.

• Like 1

Top 6: 2=west coast, 2=midwest, 2=east coast. In no order.

Top 12: 2=WC, 7=MW, 3=EC.

BD's design and skill sets are being passed down to BDB and same at maybe a lesser extent at SCV and SCVC. The reality is that BDB and SCVC are world class corps competing in Open Class. I expect that BDB will, if not next year, the following year, by semifinals push whomever was sitting at number 12 out of finals.

Makes me wonder what will happen in the backdoor boardroom when this eventually transpires.