2015 Predictions

From what I've heard of their show this year, it's going to be better than this past year.

Thing is, the same thing can be said for just about any corps. BK might, in fact, be "better" in 2015 than they were in 2014. Doesn't mean they will move up in placement. In fact, they could be "better" and still descend in placement.

• Like 5

I agree with this statement....wholeheartedly. I have the opinion that BAC '14 was, in fact, better than BAC '13. However, Blue Stars, BK and Cavies all were vastly improved as well. I think that these three corps all had their best seasons in several years. All of which proves the adage, "you can only control your own performance".

I think all of drum corps, both in the World and Open divisions, is raising the bar each and every season these days. The status quo IS improvement, imo.

A challenge for the kids and staffs...but a great thing for we spectators!

• Like 2

My April predictions (I'll be making one in May and a final one in June before the season begins):

12. Troopers

13. Crossmen

14. Oregon Crusaders

15. Spirit of Atlanta

16. Colts

17. BDB

18. The Academy

19. Pacific Crest

20. SCVC

21. Jersey Surf

22. Mandarins

23. 7th Regiment

24. Spartans

25. Genesis

I too am curious about your choices, especially a little further down the placement. Troop and OC? Every year there is a large and very outspoken, albeit optimistic group that pulls for Troop in 12th it seems, and I would LOVE for OC to be 14th. That would completely wipe out the disappointment from last year. They do have a a number of new key staff, which would have really been nice to have last year (my son's age-out year).

Whatever your reasoning, I like the vision. Would love to see Cascades get back into top 25 - which could happen this year I think.

• Like 1

Placements are fun but I hope for a very fun, competitive, and entertaining season.

1. Santa Clara Vanguard
  2. Blue Devils
  3. Cadets
  4. Cavaliers
  5. Bluecoats
  6. Carolina Crown
  7. Blue Knights
  8. Madison Scouts
  9. Phantom Regiment
  10. Blue Stars
  11. Boston Crusaders
  12. Troopers
  13. Colts
  14. Crossmen
  15. Spirit of Atlanta
  16. Oregon Crusaders
  17. Blue Devils B
  18. Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets
  19. The Academy
  20. Pacific Crest
  21. Jersey Surf
  22. Mandarins
  23. Cascades
  24. Spartans
  25. Genesis
  26. 7th Regiment
  • Like 1

I too am curious about your choices, especially a little further down the placement. Troop and OC? Every year there is a large and very outspoken, albeit optimistic group that pulls for Troop in 12th it seems, and I would LOVE for OC to be 14th. That would completely wipe out the disappointment from last year. They do have a a number of new key staff, which would have really been nice to have last year (my son's age-out year).

Whatever your reasoning, I like the vision. Would love to see Cascades get back into top 25 - which could happen this year I think.

Like you said, I'm optimistic about the Troopers (I'm actually a fan of the Crossmen but decided to put the Troopers in front for now). As for OC, I really feel like they're going to have a break out year soon. That corps is so amazing and I see a lot of potential. I've really liked their show themes the past 3 years including this year. They're probably going to always be a top 15 pick for me no matter where they place the year before.

As for OC, I really feel like they're going to have a break out year soon. That corps is so amazing and I see a lot of potential. I've really liked their show themes the past 3 years including this year. They're probably going to always be a top 15 pick for me no matter where they place the year before.

Yeah 2012 was a great break out year for OC but they are due for an even stronger one - agreed. Maybe this year!

Taking a different tack entirely. Keeping Corps out of the mix, and predicting final scores:

1. 99.175

2. 98.55

3. 98.20

4. 97.15

5. 96.525

6. 95.95

7. 93.9

8. 92.85

9. 91.75

10. 90.80

11. 88.65

12. 88.40

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 2

Taking a different tack entirely. Keeping Corps out of the mix, and predicting final scores:

11. 88.65

12. 88.40

Are you seriously suggesting that 88.10 is going to be left out of Finals? Madness! Madness, I tell you!