2015 Predictions

I do agree! I really don't see the precision of yesteryear but the music is way more complex now.

maybe because guards dont "spin" for decades now.lol Complexity is something that runs through the entire corps compared to yester year.

Again . revisit some old videos. They aren't what we remember at all in ALL parts of the corps, but then again it was a totally different time. Kids today in all parts of the corps are asked to do way more than we ever were . So as far as predictions. I predict more outrageous performances than ever.

Edited by GUARDLING

Kids today in all parts of the corps are asked to do way more than we ever were .

True...and the financial costs to both the Corps and to the participants and their families that now requires them to "do way more", are now " way more " too, we might add.

Edited by BRASSO

maybe because guards dont "spin" for decades now.lol Complexity is something that runs through the entire corps compared to yester year.

Again . revisit some old videos. They aren't what we remember at all in ALL parts of the corps, but then again it was a totally different time. Kids today in all parts of the corps are asked to do way more than we ever were . So as far as predictions. I predict more outrageous performances than ever.

I guess our recall and reality can differ with the passage of time but I always thought something done in perfect unison is a feature of drumcorps i always really loved. Yes, the shows are much better now but that one small component would be nice to see.

I guess our recall and reality can differ with the passage of time but I always thought something done in perfect unison is a feature of drumcorps i always really loved. Yes, the shows are much better now but that one small component would be nice to see.

You're right to a degree. When something is done perfectly together or a feature it can be very exciting ( depending on how it is written ) we have evolved though to a point that even that gets old. its like doing a 7 then a million of them afterward, so what.

I do agree when you see outstanding unison work it can be very exciting especially when put strategically into a program. as far as alot from the past its really not a matter of seeing it differently ,( I actually recalled it the same way ,until..... just look at some old tapes.

Again though, different time, different people, different structure, different vision and requirements.

As far as predictions , I will say again i predict things we have never seen before, and outstanding performances . Placements , I'll leave that up to others to speculate.

Edited by GUARDLING

True...and the financial costs to both the Corps and to the participants and their families that now requires them to "do way more", are now " way more " too, we might add.

that is very true , everything does cost alot more to produce today than it did in the past.

Edited by GUARDLING

Haha, HornTeacher, Reread his post but as if the scores were corps names.

Gotcha. :colgate: My mistake for being far too literal. My apologies to quietcity.

Edited by HornTeacher

Last one before the season starts

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. BD

4. Cavaliers

5. SCV

6. Bluecoats

7. Blue Knights

8. BAC

9. Phantom

10. Bluestars

11. Troopers

12. Colts

My final prediction as well...

Don't know the final placements. Don't know the scores. What I DO predict is that 2015, like most other years before it, is going to be one heckuva great, entertaining, and exciting one for us fans!!

• Like 1