2015 Predictions

1. Crown

12. Oregon Crusders

I predict that these 2 Corps will merge after this season and become " The Crown Crusders ".

• Like 1

I predict that these 2 Corps will merge after this season and become " The Crown Crusders ".

And their show will be "Crusading for the Crown".

I've been calling for the elimination of 7th place for as long as I can remember.

Yes... its bad luck.

cadets will have to be flawless with this show. The entire design is "look what we can do" so they will have to be a monster corps out of the gate and just keep getting better.

Maybe, and this is a BIG maybe since none of the shows have come out yet, no one knows what any of the drill looks like for ANY corps, and I believe their show is more than a "look what we can do" type show.

some interesting predictions...

The popular pick is Cadets, but really have a feeling Crown will be extremely tough with their new and improved battery - that's scary

BD is always tough obviously...

Cavaliers have been moving up & SCV very solid the past couple years, and then Coats... coming off their best season / I personally think it will be tough for them to recreate the magic of LY's program, so I smell a slight drop - so they are probably the 4/5/6 spots

I'd say Phantom will be improved after a somewhat down year, so tag them or Boston for 7th/8th - one could clip sixth

Blue Knights really surged at the end last year, that program carried them with some great visual performances. The change in caption there might be a concern - don't know enough first hand to say... Possibly a drop this year? 9th? or fall behind to 10th...

Boston may challenge Regiment for sixth - that program REALLY held them back last year. A very talented group with great resources. Could be sixth or 7th?

I'd say Blue Stars/Scouts/Crossmen round out the top group...

The top 3 in my view is unpredictable. Cadets have a lot of vets - so they may take it on balance. But don't count Crown out with drum factor.

Crown may have a "new and improved" battery, but I think I'm gonna hold off on any judgment calls on their battery until I actually hear their show and hear them play. Cadets battery looks as though they have a lot of meat in their book, but things could certainly change on the field when they get to marching and playing that book. This is the same for every corps. Aungst is a FANTASTIC writer, but I don't recall any huge change in drum placements for the corps for which he wrote last year (correct me if I'm wrong).

I believe you can follow DCP topics as a non-member, but cannot make replies or start one.

right -- i was just wondering about his 3 years of prediction. wanted to see his record -- not being confrontational. just wanted know how good they were.

• Like 1

Crown may have a "new and improved" battery, but I think I'm gonna hold off on any judgment calls on their battery until I actually hear their show and hear them play.

Did you watch their January camp video? If so I'd like to hear your opinion of it. i'm not a percussion guy by any means, but they seemed to be on the right track (with writing and playing) to make huge improvements.

Did you watch their January camp video? If so I'd like to hear your opinion of it. i'm not a percussion guy by any means, but they seemed to be on the right track (with writing and playing) to make huge improvements.

I actually haven't seen it. If it is on youtube, I will go check it out.