2015 Predictions

Illuminati

Ah, yes! Another Illuminati reference.

Is that your standard response to some comments on here, since pop culture has bastardized the truth of the Illuminati?

I'd love to discuss the group in more detail if you'd like though!

Ah, yes! Another Illuminati reference.

Is that your standard response to some comments on here, since pop culture has bastardized the truth of the Illuminati?

I'd love to discuss the group in more detail if you'd like though!

Are you trying to say that your part of the illuminati? Edited by Anstig

I know I said I was done but now that most of the shows have been released (plus I have info about those that haven't) I will make a final (I promise this time) prediction for the season. These are my opinions based on what I've heard from the corps

1. Crown - They will come back strong with a dark, ###### show that will blow the audience away and take back 1st. The fresh design is the key for their rise.

2. Cadets - Very technical and powerful but will not have the same effect as Crown.

3. Blue Devils - Low spot (for BD) but I believe they will do something they haven't done in a while. Be the fan favorite.

At this point I believe these 3 are locks to medal. Any of these corps can take 1st, this is just the order I have them in right now.

4. Cavaliers - Exciting, fast paced show that fans will love but they just can't unseat the top 3

5. SCV - Beautiful music, powerful brass, and still great percussion but won't be able to unseat the top 3

6. Blue Knights - People keep predicting a drop but they will rise 2 spots thanks to their music selections. I get chills just listening to them

7. Bluecoats - Will be a great show but too similar to last year's causing them to fall

8. Boston - 75th Anniversary and a show that is perfect for them equates to moving up

9. Phantom - Things get worse before they get better and this is one of those times. Next year they should rise thanks to staff continuity (hopefully)

10. Bluestars - My only wildcard as they have kept very quiet about this show. Just can't see them dropping out of finals

11. Troopers - this corps will take a lot of people by surprise this year. fantastic music choice and some tricks up their sleeves

12. Colts - love the concept and love the music. If they want to stick with narration, a Noir show is the way to go.

13. Madison

14. Crossmen

15. Spirit

16. OC

17. Pacific

18. Mandarins

19. Jersey Surf

20. Academy

21. Cascades

22. Pioneer

Random Predictions

- top 3 score within 2 points of each other

- top 10 break 90

- no narration in the top 5

- less electronic use than last year

- most competitive year of drum corps ever

- best year of drum corps ever

• Like 2

This is based on my perspective only. I do the same thing with NCAA football. I left out open class for now, but they will be factored in I'm sure. Some may have other insight but this all I have for now.

1. Crown - Classic music. I can already hear myself saying " oh my God", when I hear their hornline.

2. BD - Neck and neck with Crown. Unlike 2013, both shows will be crowd favorites.

3. Cadets - They will be clean and precise out of the gate. Flip flops with Crown until west coast arrives.

4. Bluecoats - As much as I loved last year, I am not a fan of the new music. I don't think they can capture the frenzy that Tilt caused.

5 SVC - Intrigued by the theme and music. I think I will like it more than last years show.

6. Cavaliers - I think they will challenge Vanguard all season but SVC will pull away by very little in the end.

7. Blue Knights - Last year was on of my favorite shows. This one will be no exception with beautiful interesting music telling a story.

8. PR - Keep uniform simple. Maybe placing as high as 6th with much more entertaining show.

9. BAC - Great music. This show will be much better on the eyes with easier to follow theme.

10. Crossmen - Riding the wave of success, Bones show will be beautiful and inspirational.

11. Blue Stars - Not much known. Can see a lot of clutter on the field. Here for now.

12. Madison - I like the theme, other than that, I don't know much.

13. Colts - Last years show really grew on me the more I saw it. I liked the concept and visual design that I think they can capture with the Noir theme.

14. Troopers - Not much know so I'll put them here for now.

15. OC - I think they will actually challenge as high as 13th.

16. Academy - I think they will be in the mix for the 13 to 16 bunch. Wanting to hear more.

17. SOA - Not much known. Makes me think they don't know what their plan is. I live in Ga. so I will take a listen Memorial Day weekend.

18. PC - If you have not heard this version of the music, it is great.

19. Surf - Back to a fun show. Clean up and could challenge for 17th.

20. Cascades - Back with a larger corp. Looking forward to seeing how they progressed since last year.

21. Mandarins - Not sure at the moment.

22. Pioneer - I always want the best for Pioneer.

• Like 4

I'm hoping for 6 corps to score above 95 and 10 corps to score above 90 during finals night.

That would be a great accomplishment.

This is based on my perspective only. I do the same thing with NCAA football. I left out open class for now, but they will be factored in I'm sure. Some may have other insight but this all I have for now.

1. Crown - Classic music. I can already hear myself saying " oh my God", when I hear their hornline.

2. BD - Neck and neck with Crown. Unlike 2013, both shows will be crowd favorites.

3. Cadets - They will be clean and precise out of the gate. Flip flops with Crown until west coast arrives.

4. Bluecoats - As much as I loved last year, I am not a fan of the new music. I don't think they can capture the frenzy that Tilt caused.

5 SVC - Intrigued by the theme and music. I think I will like it more than last years show.

6. Cavaliers - I think they will challenge Vanguard all season but SVC will pull away by very little in the end.

7. Blue Knights - Last year was on of my favorite shows. This one will be no exception with beautiful interesting music telling a story.

8. PR - Keep uniform simple. Maybe placing as high as 6th with much more entertaining show.

9. BAC - Great music. This show will be much better on the eyes with easier to follow theme.

10. Crossmen - Riding the wave of success, Bones show will be beautiful and inspirational.

11. Blue Stars - Not much known. Can see a lot of clutter on the field. Here for now.

12. Madison - I like the theme, other than that, I don't know much.

13. Colts - Last years show really grew on me the more I saw it. I liked the concept and visual design that I think they can capture with the Noir theme.

14. Troopers - Not much know so I'll put them here for now.

15. OC - I think they will actually challenge as high as 13th.

16. Academy - I think they will be in the mix for the 13 to 16 bunch. Wanting to hear more.

17. SOA - Not much known. Makes me think they don't know what their plan is. I live in Ga. so I will take a listen Memorial Day weekend.

18. PC - If you have not heard this version of the music, it is great.

19. Surf - Back to a fun show. Clean up and could challenge for 17th.

20. Cascades - Back with a larger corp. Looking forward to seeing how they progressed since last year.

21. Mandarins - Not sure at the moment.

22. Pioneer - I always want the best for Pioneer.

I think Cadets would be really ###### if they came in 3rd for a third year in a row.

• Like 1