2015 Predictions

Crown out of the top 5... Somehow I can't see that happening.

I don't want it to happen. I'd be disappointed if it happened. But I can definitely see it happening if those five corps have especialy strong programs.

I'd rather see it as Cadets, Crown and Coats...in THAT order.

can't imagine why!

you may get your wish.

team maroon not looking too shabby going into ST.

of course there's always the chance bad props or bad voice could suddenly be added.

um........

no. not this season.

Hopefully you're right. I after the 2012 season, I thought I'd never see Crown finish lower than 4th again, then last season happened....I dunno, hopefully I'll have the opportunity to eat these words in August.

Hopefully you're right. I after the 2012 season, I thought I'd never see Crown finish lower than 4th again, then last season happened....I dunno, hopefully I'll have the opportunity to eat these words in August.

imo last season was just a design fail. they thought they could 'figure out' how to make the tramps work. they didn't. end of story.

i think we'll continue to see that from Crown occasionally. they push things too far sometimes -- but imo that's part of who they are.

of course the other part of last years placement was percussion. im pretty hopeful about that turning around -- maybe dramatically turning around -- this season.

His initial comment of "I must be seeing something that others here are not seeing" was of course . . .

Dude, get over yourself and your elitist ways.

BRASSO is just about the most anti-elitist contributor to these forums.

(However, since he disagrees with me so often, there is a chance he'll dispute my characterization.)

Crown needs to learn how to smack the drums.

• Like 1

imo last season was just a design fail. they thought they could 'figure out' how to make the tramps work. they didn't. end of story.

i think we'll continue to see that from Crown occasionally. they push things too far sometimes -- but imo that's part of who they are.

of course the other part of last years placement was percussion. im pretty hopeful about that turning around -- maybe dramatically turning around -- this season.

I would have to agree field clutter didn't help them...You would think though they would have received "guidance" from the judges on that...but was that the only factor?...there were just 4 corps that performed better than them...albeit it was still a tight race...

How much longer before BDB becomes a serious addition to Tier 5 [i.e., corps ranked 11th-14th]? I give it 3 years, tops.

BDB lost to SCVC just two seasons ago (passing them in Semifinals due to a dumb penalty that DCI only enforces sometimes--and not when it matters) and finished 20th overall. They had a great 2014, and it might very well continue, but one season does not a trend make.

I would have to agree field clutter didn't help them...You would think though they would have received "guidance" from the judges on that...but was that the only factor?...there were just 4 corps that performed better than them...albeit it was still a tight race...

I think they bit off more than they could chew. Crown made many alterations to the show as the season went on so they definitely received guidance from the judges. But their show was extremely difficult coupled with the insane brass book. Heck, they had to dumb down their drill and music in the closer because it was just too dirty. They're going to need to ease up a little as well as hope that other corps aren't as strong as in 2014 (2014 was one hell of a year in terms of competition).