2015 Predictions

I think they bit off more than they could chew. Crown made many alterations to the show as the season went on so they definitely received guidance from the judges. But their show was extremely difficult coupled with the insane brass book. Heck, they had to dumb down their drill and music in the closer because it was just too dirty. They're going to need to ease up a little as well as hope that other corps aren't as strong as in 2014 (2014 was one hell of a year in terms of competition).

Though as a fan I hope they're all strong, I don't like it when there's a big gap between around 3rd - 4th and 4th - 5th and 6th.

8) Blue Stars . . . I don't know where they're going with "Side Show", but I think it has the potential to be really cool, or to be really cliche.

I've no idea how Stars are developing their theme, either. The Broadway musical Side Show focuses on a pair of conjoined twins. Would it be exploitative for a corps to realize that idea by having all members of the corps bound together in pairs?

I've no idea how Stars are developing their theme, either. The Broadway musical Side Show focuses on a pair of conjoined twins. Would it be exploitative for a corps to realize that idea by having all members of the corps bound together in pairs?

Most often , especially with a very limited performance time ,themes are more the essence of a theme or flavor of a period of time. Sometimes we take things or want them way to literally." the power of 2".. :ninja:

This could be a show more about the early days of the Carney and sideshow , very much like Pride did in WGI several years ago ( great show for them )

Edited by GUARDLING

In my opinion, Spirit has a chance to move up this year. Granted, with no music announcement this is a biased opinion, I still think that they have learned from "Magnolia's" mistakes.

It's based on an actual circus traveling sideshow, not the Broadway musical. Edited by Cadevilina Crown

It's based on an actual circus traveling sideshow, not the Broadway musical.

Thanks. Then maybe all the women in the guard should wear beards.

• Like 1

Thanks. Then maybe all the women in the guard should wear beards.

There ya' go. A Drum Corps show based on the old movie "Freaks." Probably wouldn't be a good idea, however...in this age of rampant political correctness, I could see a whole lot of consternation and/or disapproval being the primary reaction.

There ya' go. A Drum Corps show based on the old movie "Freaks." Probably wouldn't be a good idea, however...in this age of rampant political correctness, I could see a whole lot of consternation and/or disapproval being the primary reaction.

Political Correctness is nothing more than living with the delusion that you can pick up a dog turd by the clean end. :laugh:

• Like 2

Political Correctness is nothing more than living with the delusion that you can pick up a dog turd by the clean end. :laugh:

Oooooooooo...I LIKE that!!!! May I have your permission to use it?

Oooooooooo... I LIKE that!!!! May I have your permission to use it?

That quip apparently dates to 2006. More here.