Staff merrigoround

There were some nice drill moments with Phantom this year. There were others that weren't quite expected. Some of them left me under the impression that the effort was less than enthusiastic.

I agree with this completely, and really Jamey has done some really great shows in the past for Phantom ( 05-07, 11 & 12). This past year just didn't seem quite right.

Who knows what the problem was...

I think it's speculation because of Veda and Michel coming home and thinking they'll bring Jamey with him. He hasn't said anything on FB, and neither corps has said anything.

I think it's speculation because of Veda and Michel coming home and thinking they'll bring Jamey with him. He hasn't said anything on FB, and neither corps has said anything.

Maybe he hasn't gone. At one point during the off season last year someone had posted that they heard Don Hill was gone and it wasn't true. Thing is, sometimes you get so used to there being changes that being upset about it solves nothing.

I like Jamey's drills. I particularly like how he includes the guard in the complete design.

I am a Crown alumi and MANY people have been angry with me about my comments from 5 years ago saying that Mr. May needed to be replaced. I'm not saying he is being replaced now, but I don't believe (personal opinion) that Crown is happy or has been happy with a few key caption heads for a while now.

I remember his days at Phantom (early 2000's). Since then he's written some incredible drills for Crown. How long has he been with them - 10+ years?

Unless crown gets Mike Gaines or something, I don't think they are going to do better than Leon May. There are lots of 'good' designers, but not really any at the 'top 5' design level besides those who are already there. I say stick to what works. His work has gotten better and better over the years IMO, while other designers seem to be slipping.

• Like 2

Maybe he hasn't gone. At one point during the off season last year someone had posted that they heard Don Hill was gone and it wasn't true. Thing is, sometimes you get so used to there being changes that being upset about it solves nothing.

I like Jamey's drills. I particularly like how he includes the guard in the complete design.

I think the Hill comments were wishful thinking

• Like 1

BAC brass caption head not returning

Any update. I saw nothing related to this comment after this post. Who is not returning and how did this come to be known?

I think the Hill comments were wishful thinking

I actually think Don does a good job with the brass arranging most of the time. He's not the program coordinator so he doesn't have complete control over the music and how they want to use it.

I think PR may want to look at Dan Farrell and Dan Richardson and their roles with programming personally.

• Like 2