Staff merrigoround

Thats splitting hairs, imo. My use of the word " take " does not negate the fact that BD is well served each season( to their crediit ) by the annual talent pilgrimmage of some of the top talent from other Corps to Concord in an attempt to earn a spot. Yes, I do understand the process of auditions, MikeD. The word " take " from other Corps is not by itself a perjorative word, and my use of it should not be automatically construed as such. I suppose the word " receives " from other Corps might have worked too. But the fact that BD " gets " a significant pool of talent each and every season from their competition is the big picture here, and perhaps is what is being missed. This is a hellava good competition feeder system for BD, and I said as much above.

then those corps should do more to keep the kids there.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment does a pretty terrible job of staff announcements:

Jeremy Hunt, visual designer

Jude Boughton, visual coordinator

Rob Ferguson, front ensemble arranger

John Leonard, previously mentioned as guard caption head

The visual coordinator, visual designer, and front ensemble arranger were three spots that I DIDN'T want to be touched in the offseason...

I like these moves! I am surprised that Jamey is gone. He'll be picked up quickly if he didn't leave on his own.

Then why this constant harrangue about age...this was in your post I replied to...

"Not lost on some of us, is that Seawright's hires that brought BD to the top were all young. Most in their 20's, 30's. at the time

The Cadets in the late 70's struggled to make Finals most years.. some years they failed to make Finals. Then they brought in a young George Zingalli to write their Visual. He was still in his 30's. "

Oh brother. Yes, I commented on their" age " in this thread. I also commented on this very thread about Corps having ' great marcher talent".... " great writing abilities with staff"..... " staffs are so talented they can play any music they choose", and " taking talent from other Corps ( yes, willingly )... having " great Guards, Visuals"..... etc. Your apparent frustration is that you incorrectly assigned to me that I stated a one reason ( age ) for a Corps sucess, when a simple, and easy read of my comments on this very thread will demonstrate that I never assigned just one reason at all for a Corps success. So thats where your frustration lies, imo

Phantom Regiment does a pretty terrible job of staff announcements:

Jeremy Hunt, visual designer

Jude Boughton, visual coordinator

Rob Ferguson, front ensemble arranger

John Leonard, previously mentioned as guard caption head

The visual coordinator, visual designer, and front ensemble arranger were three spots that I DIDN'T want to be touched in the offseason...

Ferguson used to do Glassmen and does Cabs in DCA...good stuff. Jude is a great pick up visually

• Like 1

Not lost on some of us, is that Seawright's hires that brought BD to the top were all young. Most in their 20's, 30's. at the time

The Cadets in the late 70's struggled to make Finals most years.. some years they failed to make Finals. Then they brought in a young George Zingalli to write their Visual. He was still in his 30's. He did wonders for them. They shot up to the top echelon as a result and have been there ever since.

yeah those ancient guys they have there somehow pull it off despite the fact you think they should be out because of their age

• Like 1

Nonsense.

If you routinely" take " a few nails or whatever from out of your neighbors garage toolbox, we don't automatically assume that you were " meddling in your neighbors toolbox ". Particularly if we all know the circumstances where your neighbor knows you take the nails or whatever in the toolbox on occasion, have for years, and wiillingly allows you to do so. As it applies to DCI, it is silly to think that I don't know that BD " takes " its talent each and every year in a willing fashion from its competiition ( neighbor ). Its so lame to miscontrue that I have ever said on this thread that BD " steals " talent, or " meddles in another Corps business illegally, or without the other Corps knowledge or whatever, etc. Its just plain ridiculous now.

so if a kid decides they want to leave Mandarins, BD should just say no? BS. It's upon Mandarins to make that kid want to stay. BD did nothing wrong regardless of how you try to twist words and paint it

• Like 1

lol..youre right but one has to look how it is usually and predictably interjected into many threads. There is a pattern....lmao and the same 4 or 5 subjects :rolleyes:

You are right and there seems to be no end to it. You used to teach at BAC correct? what years?