Staff merrigoround

Oh...everyone. We have another OPINION POLICE in zachariaswmb. Again, the point is that PR is not usually a consistent championship contender and it's unlikely they will be in 2015. Nothing wrong with this.

You are welcome to your opinion, and I am welcome to provide rebuttal. If you can't handle it, the internet may be too big and scary a place for you.

That's just a prediction, based upon several factors though. First, PR has changed a good amount of staff, which doesn't usually bring about a championship caliber corps in a year. I don't see top three for them. Second, GE and visual are very integrated now. So, they would not a balance of cleanliness with the right difficulty of drill to excel visually. It could happen, but not likely. Don't get me wrong I like PR, especially in 2010 when they came in 6th. But, it will take a lot to get them into the top 5 with this design team.

Interesting to see that the longer he was with them, the lower placing the visual design was. Burnout? In his second stint, staff turnover was higher, which definitely effected things.

Oh...everyone. We have another OPINION POLICE in zachariaswmb. Again, the point is that PR is not usually a consistent championship contender and it's unlikely they will be in 2015. Nothing wrong with this.

If it is my tone you take issue with, let me out it to you this way: you state that Regiment couldn't expect to place above sixth with JT writing drill, yet they did just that for five of the seven years he wrote. Please share the thought process that caused you to arrive at your conclusion that JT was the root of the they were placing in the 6-9 range.

But you didn't provide rebuttal. I'm never afraid to be challenged, but you and I both know that PR is not a consistent championship contender, and actually the internet seems to be more scary for you considering your need to you sacrasm to make a point.

If it is my tone you take issue with, let me out it to you this way: you state that Regiment couldn't expect to place above sixth with JT writing drill, yet they did just that for five of the seven years he wrote. Please share the thought process that caused you to arrive at your conclusion that JT was the root of the they were placing in the 6-9 range.

I'm guessing he's using the last two years as evidence.

Again, however, you miss the point. It is unlikely that PR can medal in 2015 with JT at the helm and with the current makeup of the staff. If they do, however, great.

So when Jamey Thompson is at Phantom, he is pretty amazing. When he leaves Phantom after one subpar by his standards but not awful year..........not so special? Hmm. Interesting.

Whoever picks him up, they're lucky. He's a fantastic designer.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Again, however, you miss the point. It is unlikely that PR can medal in 2015 with JT at the helm and with the current makeup of the staff. If they do, however, great.

Thank you for clarifying. You seemed to be trying to make a different point earlier. I both agree with you on this, and have said this on here before.