Staff merrigoround

oh the double meaning for ratchet these days... lol

Well of course I mean it in a good way! I love this corps!

Lorenzo Medrano and Pete Weber on Mandarins Design Team

http://mandarins.org/news/news.html#10192014

Pete Weber should be a great pickup for them. He does pretty beautiful work for SCV, hope they can handle his drill

Pete Weber should be a great pickup for them. He does pretty beautiful work for SCV, hope they can handle his drill

Pete's a smart guy, he'll write to their level, but also to challenge them.

I just wish there was way to rate all these staff members, so a potential marcher could figure out whether:

• Staff Member A is great, and voluntarily left Drum Corps 1 to join Drum Corps 2 because they felt Drum Corps 1 is on the way down, and Drum Corps 2 is on the way up; or
  • Staff Member A is not so great, and was not invited back to Drum Corps 1 which is trying to move up, and only landed with Drum Corps 2 because they are falling;

Yelp?

I just wish there was way to rate all these staff members, so a potential marcher could figure out whether:

• Staff Member A is great, and voluntarily left Drum Corps 1 to join Drum Corps 2 because they felt Drum Corps 1 is on the way down, and Drum Corps 2 is on the way up; or
  • Staff Member A is not so great, and was not invited back to Drum Corps 1 which is trying to move up, and only landed with Drum Corps 2 because they are falling;

Yelp?

would a member be going to a corps for a staff person? Staff , other than a few turns over year after year. You have to understand the staff person and who they are with to see even why they may be in a given place. Is it a stepping stone? Is it merely exposure?, Is it to gain experience? Dozens of factors. When drum corps wants top raise the pay scales for ALL staff from top to bottom then maybe you might be able to get stats BUT even then as I said other than a few even the big names have moved around. There are some real talented koo - koo crazies ( lol ) with some big names who don't stay put BUT can produce when a corps wants or NEEDS a change.