Show ideas for next year's corps?

Debussy's "La Mer"? Phantom perhaps? Would be quite the departure from their last few shows, and they've done Debussy well, 1994 "Clair De Lune". Go back to the white, guard in some shades of Blue......that'd be nice. Rather enjoyed Vanguard's 1996 treatment of it. "Lincolnshire Posy" hasn't gotten a lot of drum corps exposure.

I LOVE the idea of "Dr. Atomic" on the field, that would be pretty awesome. If Crown's shows the past two years hadn't been so Sciency, I'd say it'd be a great fit for them with some other music.

Debussy's "La Mer"? Phantom perhaps? Would be quite the departure from their last few shows, and they've done Debussy well, 1994 "Clair De Lune". Go back to the white, guard in some shades of Blue......that'd be nice. Rather enjoyed Vanguard's 1996 treatment of it. "Lincolnshire Posy" hasn't gotten a lot of drum corps exposure.

I LOVE the idea of "Dr. Atomic" on the field, that would be pretty awesome. If Crown's shows the past two years hadn't been so Sciency, I'd say it'd be a great fit for them with some other music.

SCV did La Mer in 1996. That was a really good show. Check it out on Fan Network.

I hope someone has the good sense to field an "Unplugged" show theme and turns off the electronics and narration.

• Like 2

It'd be interesting to see how that'd get scored vis a vis what's become the norm.

• Like 1

Okay, here's my complete list of themes that each corps should do:

Blue Devils - "CIRCVS MAXIMVS", an alternative look at one of the most popular forms of entertainment of the past century. Featuring twisted arrangements of pieces like "Entry of the Gladiators", "The Man on the Flying Trapeze", and "Send in the Clowns" (plus a slew of other pieces we probably don't know).

Bluecoats - "Instinctive Travels", a fresh new look at our eternal quest for identity. Featuring the music of Michael Markowski, with selections in the following order: "Instinctive Travels", "Shadow Rituals", "City Trees", "Remember the Molecules" and "Elixir."

Cadets - "Elements of Earth", a contemporary "four elements" show in the following movements: "Genesis of Earth", "Air", "Water", "Fire", and "Return to Earth". I'll let the staff decide what their musical selections would be.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Love me or hate me, I'd like to see what they can do with a return to "Miss Saigon."

Carolina Crown - "ALPINE", featuring "Alpine Symphony" by Richard Strauss, "Alpine Variations" by Bertrand Moren, several other selections, and a return to their iconic cream (albeit maybe white) uniforms!

Cavaliers - Already mentioned this earlier, but "Wine-Dark Sea" by John Mackey would be perfect for them.

Phantom Regiment - "Requiem for the Living" by Dan Forrest. 'Nough said!

Blue Knights - "Kaleidoscopic", a show keeping in the recent direction they've been taking. "Kaleidoscope Heart" by Sara Bareilles, "Febris Ver" by Nancy Galbraith, "Phoenix" by Ola Gjeilo, and "Meridian" by Ola Gjeilo.

I'll skip Blue Stars because their identity hasn't been easy to pin down over the past few years.

Boston Crusaders - Well, it's their 75th, so they're obviously going to incorporate "Conquest" into a lot of their program. As part of that show, though, I think either the third movement of "STORMWORKS" or the third movement of "Once More Unto the Breach" - both by Stephen Melillo - would work well in such a program.

Madison Scouts - "Man of La Mancha." Just because I've always wanted to see them play "The Impossible Dream" as their closer.

Crossmen - "Appassionata." I'll leave the musical selections to your imagination.

• Like 5

But...but...who would they kill on the field for this show?

• Like 1

Okay, here's my complete list of themes that each corps should do:

Blue Devils - "CIRCVS MAXIMVS", an alternative look at one of the most popular forms of entertainment of the past century. Featuring twisted arrangements of pieces like "Entry of the Gladiators", "The Man on the Flying Trapeze", and "Send in the Clowns" (plus a slew of other pieces we probably don't know).

Bluecoats - "Instinctive Travels", a fresh new look at our eternal quest for identity. Featuring the music of Michael Markowski, with selections in the following order: "Instinctive Travels", "Shadow Rituals", "City Trees", "Remember the Molecules" and "Elixir."

Cadets - "Elements of Earth", a contemporary "four elements" show in the following movements: "Genesis of Earth", "Air", "Water", "Fire", and "Return to Earth". I'll let the staff decide what their musical selections would be.

Santa Clara Vanguard - Love me or hate me, I'd like to see what they can do with a return to "Miss Saigon."

Carolina Crown - "ALPINE", featuring "Alpine Symphony" by Richard Strauss, "Alpine Variations" by Bertrand Moren, several other selections, and a return to their iconic cream (albeit maybe white) uniforms!

Cavaliers - Already mentioned this earlier, but "Wine-Dark Sea" by John Mackey would be perfect for them.

Blue Knights - "Kaleidoscopic", a show keeping in the recent direction they've been taking. "Kaleidoscope Heart" by Sara Bareilles, "Febris Ver" by Nancy Galbraith, "Phoenix" by Ola Gjeilo, and "Meridian" by Ola Gjeilo.

I'll skip Blue Stars because their identity hasn't been easy to pin down over the past few years.

Boston Crusaders - Well, it's their 75th, so they're obviously going to incorporate "Conquest" into a lot of their program. As part of that show, though, I think either the third movement of "STORMWORKS" or the third movement of "Once More Unto the Breach" - both by Stephen Melillo - would work well in such a program.

Madison Scouts - "Man of La Mancha." Just because I've always wanted to see them play "The Impossible Dream" as their closer.

Crossmen - "Appassionata." I'll leave the musical selections to your imagination.

very impressive

But...but...who would they kill on the field for this show?

Maybe it would be more of a zombie show "Requiem for the Living Dead". That way, they could kill off a whole bunch of characters.

• Like 1

Crown should step away from the space themes

Unless it features The Jetsons

• Like 1