Show ideas for next year's corps?

Those of you who are joking about "Requiem for the Living", listen to it. It might be a bit of a departure for Phantom, but emotionally it is right up their alley.

soylent5.jpg

Perfect follow up vehicle for Boston next summer. Green tapioca pudding will be for sale at the souvie wagon!

• Like 2

Watching Blue Knights this year I really felt like I was watching WGI. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just had winterguard show written all over it.

I think some elements of the narration reminded me of Flanagan High School's 2005 show, coupled with the music from Beautiful Mind. It was more performance oriented than end of life focused though IIRC.

Perhaps Adams' music to Memoirs of a Geisha???? Hmmmmm. I would still like them to try Dr. Atomic though. Powerful piece of music.

Maybe it could be titled "The Adams Phamily"

• Like 2

Has anyone ever done Carl Orff's Carmina Burana? I've loved it for so long....well, until people started using "O Fortuna" in every fight scene...Curious if anyone has performed it.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever done Carl Orff's Carmina Burana? I've loved it for so long....well, until people started using "O Fortuna" in every fight scene...Curious if anyone has performed it.

Check corpsreps.com. Most recently (2000), the Blue Stars did an entire show of Carmina Burana, as well as the Raiders in 2003. Bluecoats in 1977 and Cadets in 1979 also played it.

It's still great music. I wish I had composed it (and was getting all the royalties).

• Like 1