Show ideas for next year's corps?

I suspect next season's show themes and selections are pretty much set for top corps. I can't imagine the staff and board not mapping out a year or two ahead with design.

Feedback from alumni groups, etc. is probably a more direct "fan input" than fishing bulletin boards and chat rooms.

If they're lurking here, we'd probably not see these ideas until 2016 or 2017.

Lots of good stuff in the ballet Sylvia (Phantom? Boston? Cadets?)

Procession of Bacchus...Reading Buccaneers' closer in 87..Nightfire's opener in the aborted 94 season (almost the same arrangement, actually)

I could see Cadets on that chart.

• Like 3

Crossmen needs to go deeper and at the same time keep the groove they're known for and their Worldliness. But their brass needs increase its difficulty. Guard and visual were their strong captions this Summer. Drum book was tight too..

If they ever want to be a top 6 corps again, they need to have a more intelligent show (like BD). They need to do it soon; they need to do it in 2015.

Edited by xbones7480
  • Like 1

Well, considering there are some on here that wish the Regiment would go in a "new direction" (I'm not necessarily one of those), but I believe I have found something that, I believe, could connect with both fans and the judging community, if done correctly.

Show Title - 42

Now, I'm assuming that most of you immediately went to "what, the Jackie Robinson story?". Umm, no. Actually I'm talking about "The Summer of 42" by Michele Legrand. Specifically the following selections:

The Bacchanal

The Danger

The Entrance to Reality

La Guerre

Awakening Awareness

These, along with the storyline (which probably would mean the inclusion of male guard members, or utilizing brass players), could be a smoking show, on the level of BD 94.

Here's the Wikipedia information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_'42

Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass would be real good for a Open-Class Corps.

Also, A Clockwork Orange (my favorite movie of all time) would fit very well for Phantom. Excellent music (centered around the "Glorious Ninth of Ludwig Van", bu also Purcel's "Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary", Rossini's "The Thieving Magpie', Brown's Singin' in the Rain,and others); and the music is absolutely essential to the story. I can see the guard uniforms now - bowlers and codpieces.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

Well, considering there are some on here that wish the Regiment would go in a "new direction" (I'm not necessarily one of those), but I believe I have found something that, I believe, could connect with both fans and the judging community, if done correctly.

Show Title - 42

Now, I'm assuming that most of you immediately went to "what, the Jackie Robinson story?". Umm, no. Actually I'm talking about "The Summer of 42" by Michele Legrand. Specifically the following selections:

The Bacchanal

The Danger

The Entrance to Reality

La Guerre

Awakening Awareness

These, along with the storyline (which probably would mean the inclusion of male guard members, or utilizing brass players), could be a smoking show, on the level of BD 94.

Here's the Wikipedia information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_of_'42

When I first heard that title, I immediately thought you wanted Phantom to do a Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy show. Oh well...
  • Like 2

I may be the only one on this thought, but I think it would be a fun experiment to have DCI have a set list of show themes for corps to pick from, and let the corps design teams go to town on it and see how BD will take it a different direction than Phantom would, etc.

• Like 1