Show ideas for next year's corps?

There's a difference between winterguard and drum corps?

Wow...

Maybe SCV could rehash and update YPG - not been done since 1981.

Cadets redid that one in 2001. Took 2nd place too. That was a great hornline!

There was a short-to-midlength conversation about Battlestar Galactica somewhere in these forums. :-) Maybe in a couple threads. (Search should turn them up easily.)

Thanks. I'm not sure I want to have a lengthy discussion about it. I just would love to see someone do it. He's done other series besides BSG. His latest is the new Outlander series on Starz. I was listening to some of his Black Sails stuff, too.

CSomebody needs to do a whole show of "Of Sailors and Wales".

Could see Blue Stats or Cavies doing well with this.

• Like 1

Thanks. I'm not sure I want to have a lengthy discussion about it. I just would love to see someone do it. He's done other series besides BSG. His latest is the new Outlander series on Starz. I was listening to some of his Black Sails stuff, too.

Crown could continue their space theme with a BSG show!

There's a difference between winterguard and drum corps?

Watching Blue Knights this year I really felt like I was watching WGI. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just had winterguard show written all over it.

Here are some show ideas (with special thanks to the Naked Gun movies). This is mostly tongue and cheek. Have fun with them.

1. Unplugged: One Man's Plight to Downsize (set against the iPhone Explosion of 2007)
  2. Whoa, Nelley!: A Salute to Keith Jackson and College Football (set against the University of Colorado Hail Mary to beat Michigan in 1994)
  3. I Pose, Therefore I Am: Marching in a WGI World (set against the 1984 Z-Pull disaster in Whitewater, WI by Garfield)
  4. Death and Transfiguration: From Strauss to Elfman (set against the MTV Video "Video Killed the Radio Star")
    1. This one has to close with Hans Zimmer's closing music to The Divinci Code. (note: Hans is actually playing synth/keys on that MTV video of the Buggles).
  5. Hook: The Music of John Williams (set against the brilliance of Robin Williams)

Ok, I had to add the last one out of respect. Just being crazy.

Edited by jwillis35