Show ideas for next year's corps?

That was just me joking about the misuse of O Fortuna. I don't have any inside information. :-)

Well, good, I suppose. As much as I'd love to hear the piece which shall remain nameless, I also kind of hope to pull it out for my own corps if we ever get off the ground.

For the record, I was the one who suggested "Requiem for the Living." You're welcome.

My apologies.

My original post was edited at 5:48pm to credit you with one of the suggestions ( although I failed even then to mention the Dan Forrest piece ). It appears that your notation, also at 5:48pm, beat my edit by a nanosecond.

The record is now clear : - ))

Re: Requiem for the Living

I started listening to the piece. The opening movement gave me the chills. I can't see the whole piece being used, but portions of it are really nice.

The video I watched on youtube had a comment in it from a user who said their band was using portions of it for their marching program.

Lincoln, your comment about using portions of this composition fits with my approach. There are probably 4+ hours of music among all these pieces and selection and integration of the music is part of why I emphasized the best brass arranger available.

In an effort to change turn the subject over to another corps, I'd like to see the Academy do at least some portions of "The Carnival of Venice" by Jean-Baptiste Arban, along with a bunch of other Italian-flavored pieces.

EDIT: I'm aware that they're gonna need a really good trumpet player in order for this to happen.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

In an effort to change turn the subject over to another corps, I'd like to see the Academy do at least some portions of "The Carnival of Venice" by Jean-Baptiste Arban, along with a bunch of other Italian-flavored pieces.

EDIT: I'm aware that they're gonna need a really good trumpet player in order for this to happen.

Or baritone...but he's been aged-out for nearly 25 years.

Edited by chaos001

I'd request a Copland-ban treaty for a season or two unless it's music from before 1938 or after 1954. That way we can avoid the stuff that's been done to death since Lord-knows-when.

I love the stuff, it's just been beaten to death in this activity, band or corps. Corpsreps lists at least one Junior corps doing it every year since 1965, and their database may not be complete.

I dare someone to do Inscape. I'd rather take a listen to that than the stuff that's been hashed over, and over, and over.....

• Like 1

I would love for the Boston Crusaders to do On the Shoulders of Giants, by Peter Graham for their 75th...I think it would be epic ...although this piece I think might be better suited for Crown...

• Like 3