Show ideas for next year's corps?

I feel like I repeat myself every year..

Phantom (or vanguard) but mostly phantom - Symphonie Fantastique

+1

I could seriously hear Bluecoats using Muse with their current style.

I know of at least two marching bands that have played all-Muse shows.

Given the current direction of the Bluecoats, I could see some kind of Rick Wakeman-inspired show in the future. Might be a bit "retro" for some....but you never know. I don't think "6 Wives" has the right kind of material (except maybe for the "Anne Boleyn" segment as the "ballad" selection -- "The Day Thou Gavest Lord Hath Ended"). But I'm sure that a really good, musical, and reachable show could result.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Blue Devils perform their program "The Fall of the House of Usher" with original music written by ___.

There is an old wooden crooked Victorian style house in the back on the 50 and every so often, members of the corps take a piece off the house and lay it down somewhere and make a line or a circle. The guard then dances in it.

There are two men who run around the field, along with the sister who eventually dies, then comes back to life, and the house falls apart at the end, along with the corps falling on the ground.

One guy runs toward the exit by the top right corner, turning his head and looking at the crowd in disbelief, and leaves the field.

But seriously, I'd love to see a corps do Turangalila Symphonie. Or anything by Messaien, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv67YkOWJNA

THIS is what I want to hear and see on the field. Complete with the Ondes Martenot machine.

Edited by BoyWonder1911