Anyone else feel bad for the Cadet's members?

No. We don't feel bad.

This thread didn't appear when BD lost to a play in 08, or got jumped in 06, or got jumped on quarters in 04, or any other year someone got jumped in finals. I'm sorry but no. The kids completed their summer and can hold their heads high.

Everyone is completely missing the point of the thread.

NOT the point: Cadets got third, boo hoo

POINT OF THE THREAD: Cadets got next to zero applause at finals

• Like 2

Everyone is completely missing the point of the thread.

NOT the point: Cadets got third, boo hoo

POINT OF THE THREAD: Cadets got next to zero applause at finals

I would argue if anything they got the most thunderous applause once they were announced. People only began to Bloo after the award was presented.

I would argue if anything they got the most thunderous applause once they were announced. People only began to Bloo after the award was presented.

I heard "Reciving the Bronze Medal tonight, with a score, of 96.875, nine six point eight seven five....The Cadets! 'BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'"

• Like 2

I heard "Reciving the Bronze Medal tonight, with a score, of 96.875, nine six point eight seven five....The Cadets! 'BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'"

Exactly

The whole place went bonkers for Bluecoats. And then went bonkers again for Blue Devils. Sometimes, you have to just sit there and deal with it if you got the short end of the stick, like Cadets did.

I think it's simply the "risk" (for lack of a better) taken when an activity works such as this one. I'll admit, I wasn't a huge fan of The Cadets' show, but I wasn't cheering because the Bluecoats beat them, I was cheering because I then knew the 'Coats would take second. I'd love to be able to say I could save my emotions for when the 2nd place announcement was actually made but I'm human and once I know something I know it; same with the way people cheered in '08 for Phantom when BD was announced in 2nd. I wish I had an answer for a better way to handle it because I also thought right afterwards it must've stung for the kids in The Cadets. But I don't have any good idea for how to fix that. It's an emotional activity and what we saw was pretty much the epitome of an emotional reaction.

• Like 1

Wrong thread.....#### Ipad! :dry:

Edited by Plan9

I would like to say that i got to see the Cadets and Bluecoats live about 8 times this year--and the Cadets rarely got a great ovation after their show--people clapped and cheered, but it never came close to how the Bluecoats were received at every show--so i am sure all corps were aware of the reactions Bluecoats were getting and of course would not be surprised at the reaction on Finals. The nature of final scores is set up to build suspense for the top winners--and in a year when several corps were moving in position it made for an exciting announcement. Had they started with 1st and moved down then Cadets would have gotten their moment from the crowd and i believe it would have been on par with all season's reactions to their show and placement

Not at all. Last year when Crown won, BD didn't wine about it, they were over with Crown celebrating with them and congratulating them, even if most of the cheering was geared towards Crown. If any group is a class act, I have to say it is BD. They are out there applauding their peers, not storming out as soon as they can.

"Storming out"? Please.