Anyone else feel bad for the Cadet's members?

Not at all. Last year when Crown won, BD didn't wine about it, they were over with Crown celebrating with them and congratulating them, even if most of the cheering was geared towards Crown. If any group is a class act, I have to say it is BD. They are out there applauding their peers, not storming out as soon as they can.

I just want to comment to make sure you feel overwhelmed with negativity. Shame on you for your assumptions and exaggerations about The Cadets and the way they humbly stand still and march out of the stadium. If you knew anything about drum corps you would know how WRONG your perceptions on the Cadets actions actually are.

Some corps like to mingle and others chose to remain disciplined. And ALL corps show a great deal of class when they do either.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Cadets not getting a lick of applause at finals - POINT OF THE THREAD

Happens when other corps pull a surprise or do something historic. Guessing from the posts Bluecoats did that which is neat personally as saw them in Harrisburg a few times at my corps standstill concerts when they were building up.

Should have been at DCA 2008 when Minnesota Brass went from 4th at Prelims to 2nd at Finals. Forget who came in 4th at FInals but crowd got cranked that a non-Northeast corps made top 3 for the first. From what I remember Empire Statesmen then were announced in 3rd but didn't really hear "Statesmen" in my area with the crowd noise. Buccs won but yeah.... look who came in 2nd....

So Cadets 2014 = Empire Statesmen 2008 = pick any other year....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

It's the most convenient measure twelve hours after the competition.

But my real measure is did every member, and the corps as a whole, create a beautiful work of art.

And if you think that more than 1% of the audience think that the Cadets had the best show design this year, you're kidding yourself.

You went from " if the Cadets actually had a show package that could compete" to talking about the show design being the best? I agree, I doubt very many thought they ahd the best designed show this year in a pure design sense...for me BD took that one running away, and BK came close. Coats had an awesome show, as did the Cadets. But the Cadets show design was certainly competitive with the very top corps, whether it is your cup of tea or not.

Why is there this constant desire on DCP to tear down one corps to pump up another?

• Like 2

You went from " if the Cadets actually had a show package that could compete" to talking about the show design being the best? I agree, I doubt very many thought they ahd the best designed show this year in a pure design sense...for me BD took that one running away, and BK came close. Coats had an awesome show, as did the Cadets. But the Cadets show design was certainly competitive with the very top corps, whether it is your cup of tea or not.

Why is there this constant desire on DCP to tear down one corps to pump up another?

I think you misunderstand. He still thinks the cadets show was garbage, make no doubt.

I don't feel bad for them per se. It's the nature of the beast. Everyone knew that Bloo had the crowd on their side for most of the season. That they were able to leap over Cadets on finals night was exciting for them. That type of reaction happens all the time. It's not a slight towards the lower placing corps. It's elation for the corps that rose in the rankings.

That said, I do think Cadets' design team needs to take stock of what happened. They were solidly in 2nd the entire season. It was only after they started adding all this superfluous "stuff" towards the end that their hold on second place got more tenuous. Bloo, on the other hand, simply needed to clean. And they did.

I'm glad the Bluecoats earned silver. They deserved it.

• Like 1

This is exactly my sentiments.

I'm not feeling sorry at the fact that they got knocked down to 3rd, moreso I'm sympathizing because they got just about ZERO recognition on the one night where theyre supposed to get the most recognition.

How do you know that the crowd response reflected ZERO recognition for Cadets?

I have no doubt that some of that applause was directed at Cadets for their efforts. But let's also not kid ourselves in admitting that the majority of it was excitement for Bluecoats jumping over them. To be clear, that reaction would have been the same no matter which corps they jumped. Cadets just happened to be in the unfortunate position of being the corps right in front of the fan favorite show this year.

• Like 2

There were 9 other corps that I am sure would happily trade places with Cadets.

Yet I'm pretty sure The Cadets as a whole are not making as big of a deal about the subject of feeling sorry as people in this thread are.

I saw some Cadets members at the Indy airport and they were proudly wearing their medals. I think they're OK.

I felt a little bad during retreat when the two Blues were shaking hands and hugging and the Cadets just turned around and marched off the field in perfect unison.

Edited by luv4corps