Too soon for SCV "Phantom of the Opera" reboot?

Just... no.

Do something new please.

• Like 1

IMO 88 was the better show

Both were great but I agree with you. I liked 88 a little better. I feel like 88 was a little more intense, powerful and emotional.

IMO 88 was the better show

Yep.

OMG why do people insist on re-making everything? Like we've run out of ideas somehow? Let me guess, you are on the edge of your seat for the new Batman.

OMG why do people insist on re-making everything? Like we've run out of ideas somehow? Let me guess, you are on the edge of your seat for the new Batman.

Now a Batman show would be pretty awesome.

it was 3rd ten years ago, and 4th this year (and if Crown could drum, or SCV couldn't, it'd have been 5th). Probably about as much of that type of "appreciation" as the organization wants.

I knew they placed higher in 2004, but if I could be allowed to make a statement that will probably require that I change my name and enter the witness protection program, as much as i enjoyed the Cavies as James Bond, I thought SCV had the better show. I have always mentioned this show whenever there are threads about underrated programs. In my opinion, they may not have placed higher, but I believe they certainly got the recognition they deserved this year. Edited by Tim K

funny you say that. one of the biggest proponents for voting in all of the electronics and other stuff says we need it so we can avoid doing the same music of old dead white guys.

yet his corps keeps trotting out the music of dead white guys

• Like 1

I want good drumcorps. If it's something that has been done before and it's done well...I'm happy. If it's something that is entirely new to drumcorps and it's done well...I'm happy.

With that said...if Vanguard keeps the same design team (and I hope they do), I would be interested in seeing another take on Carmen. To me, that seems like a fairly logical next step from 2014.

Z

• Like 1

I'm curious. Does anyone think a good jazz show from SCV would be a good fit or just too weird? Or redoing Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra?