Too soon for SCV "Phantom of the Opera" reboot?

Now a Batman show would be pretty awesome.

Been done already. Everything must be new... </sarcasm>

I would like SCV to stay away from any of the orchestral or broadway warhorses, e.g. Phantom, Carmen, Young Person's Guide. I want them to take their name seriously and push some boundaries, like they did in 1999. I don't think they will ever move into medaling until they do this.

Also, they have to work on the brass. Brass was a relatively weak link this year, and SCV has rarely had an Ott-level brass line. I would like to see this change.

When Pete Weber started with Vanguard, his drill ideas were some of the most wonderful I can remember. Since new staff have been added (Rennick and Shaw) I don't see so many wow moments anymore.

I was once chastised on here because I complimented Weber when someone said he didn't write correctly for the positioning of various brass parts.

I hope that whatever Vanguard comes out with, that PW is given more freedom.

When Pete Weber started with Vanguard, his drill ideas were some of the most wonderful I can remember. Since new staff have been added (Rennick and Shaw) I don't see so many wow moments anymore.

I was once chastised on here because I complimented Weber when someone said he didn't write correctly for the positioning of various brass parts.

I hope that whatever Vanguard comes out with, that PW is given more freedom.

I feel the same way, as a package, 2006, 2007, and 2008 are to freakin DIE for. 2011 - 2014 have some nice moments, very nice, but not as a whole. 2010 is an absolute masterpiece for myself personally, there's a FTL sequence in the middle of the show with the brass feeding in to a tight block form that keeps getting more condensed and.......gets me weak in the knees just thinking about it.

The 2010 clip here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFlQHCU45Jk

I feel the same way, as a package, 2006, 2007, and 2008 are to freakin DIE for. 2011 - 2014 have some nice moments, very nice, but not as a whole. 2010 is an absolute masterpiece for myself personally, there's a FTL sequence in the middle of the show with the brass feeding in to a tight block form that keeps getting more condensed and.......gets me weak in the knees just thinking about it.

The 2010 clip here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFlQHCU45Jk

The clip isn't even required to know what you are talking about. It's one of my favorite drill sequences from 2010.

Really enjoyed the drill for their 2012 production.

Does Mr. Weber write drill for any other corps?

Would love for an Phantom of the Opera remake. Or really, I just want to hear the music from Phantom of the Opera on the field again, the whole show doesn't have to be devoted to it.