Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

5 corps going for the title only one winner you got Minn.Brass, Cabs , Bucs, Atlanta CV ,and maybe Fusion ,what a great race to the finish .and maybe a 6th corps in the mix Cadets 2

Edited by Florida Sun

They can do it if they are clean enough, particularly visually. I said in Wildwood that there was a very hood change Fusion could be the cleanest corps in DCA by mid-August.

i just find that hard to believe. i would bet paychecks on this not happening.

i just find that hard to believe. i would bet paychecks on this not happening.

Have you seen them? It's a show written to be achievable and cleanable. It's challenging, but not tremendously so, and it plays to Fusion's strengths. It's designed at the perfect level to be maxed out on Labor Day weekend, and that's pretty darned impressive for a second year Open Class corps.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 2

Isn't this the 3rd.year of Fusion in Open ,I could be wrong but it sure seems like it .I can only judge corps from what I see on fan network .

Edited by Florida Sun

It is always fun to see speculation from people who have not seen anyone. Armchair experts. Always fun to watch.

and you're point is? we should just shut down all threads to people that haven't been to a show right? but yes it's fun.

Since i'm the new kid to DCA, i will say this seems way more exciting than DCI.

We've got so many corps that are the top of their region, that i'm not sure there's a way to predict what will happen.

Cabs, Bucs, Fusion are all gunning from the east. No Cadets Squared... I'm sorry, I dont think this is your year. From a design point Cabs and Fusion have the edge. From GE and size Cabs and Bucs are pretty equal. I think the youth of the Bucs may bit them in the butts from a performance aspect though.

Now here's where it gets verrrrrry interesting Dr. Jones. Thanks to a lack of clips, we don't have much to go on for Atlanta CV, Gold and Minnesohtah (yes, spell it like they say it... dontchaknow) Brass.

Now I think Atlanta CV has a wicked cool design idea for a show, so who knows what they're doing with it down there in their Atlanta based batcave. No one knows BUT THE BUTLER!!!! And i can only see their intro clip online. But it was posted a month ago, and they had a very mature sound in my little Macbook Pro speakers.

Now I watched the few Gold clips I can find, and I don't think they play as well as the eastern trio or Hotlanta CV. All the clips tell me they have intonation concerns and they don't listen as an ensemble very well. So balance could become their iocane powder. "Therefore I cannot choose the glass in front of you..."

But then there's the equalizer... NO CLIPS of Minnesohtah Dontchaknow Brass. Hmmmm.... what sort of secrets are you hiding out there in the land of the lakes? Are the giant Mankato moquitos taking all the clips off the web? Do they not have GoPros or Vues out in the soggy state? Can't 3M make some sort of recording device ... DONT LEAVE US HANGING MB!!!! Give us what we neeeeeeed baaaabbbbyyyyy!!!!! Actually i found one clip, of them playing standstill in the dark. well gosh darnit minnesohtah... that's just won't fly dontchaknow.

So who knows what super secret sauce they are cooking up out there. the standstill sounded pretty good. at least the boom boom section was exciting, and the horns do sound reasonably in tune with a fatty fatterson tuba section. So these ladies and gents with the waves on their shoulders and the funny accents could bring the noise and make DCA go all drunkitty for a minute if they bring the noise this year.

Speaking of bringing the noise... make sure you pour one out for the Statesmen. I didnt know them, I never saw them live. But its sad when another corps marches off into the sunset. (cue trumpet solo)

And DCA will be less without them.

I think i'll have to come out for finals. Just to see this DCA thing in my face.

• Like 2

Isn't this the 3rd.year of Fusion in Open ,I could be wrong but it sure seems like it .I can only judge corps from what I see on fan network .

It is their third year in Open... but John's point is still well-taken. Fusion has a whole lot going for them this season.

• Like 1

5 corps going for the title only one winner you got Minn.Brass, Cabs , Bucs, Atlanta CV ,and maybe Fusion ,what a great race to the finish .and maybe a 6th corps in the mix Cadets 2

Six solid corps in the "upper" mix... and any number of corps in the running for the rest of the finalist spots.

Makes for a fun stretch run!!!

• Like 1