Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

I agree, totally about control of anyone's right BUT because someone has a right doesn't not mean they know how to or should use it all the time. How many people have been fired today because of social media stuff, ALOT, how many companies say it right in their contracts before hiring MANY, how many people research the internet to see what a person was up to before hiring MILLIONS, I can't tell you how many young instructors that no longer have a career in our activity due to their on line antics. Many won't go near these people , especially when they learn they were warned. We all live by rules, guidelines etc etc everyday of our lives.

I totally get ya, just don't think it's realistic . We are also NOT talking here about an individual Drum Corps is a large group activity and no matter how much we say we do not represent our corps , we do, if not in a specific opinion, certainly in respect ( as Frank said )

I will say I do think DCP has calmed down a bit or maybe I missed to drama this year..lol.

lots of suspensions .

• Like 3

I suppose you are right! For me, it's about speech control. I STRONGLY reject that. If you are man enough/women enough to say it . . . YOU own it.

Fred, in spirit I agree with you. But i've seen first hand the damage posts on here, RAMD etc can do inside a corps as well as between corps.

• Like 3

I do see the opposing view about DCP posting. It's just that I reject it. The fear of what could be said is overblown and NOT without remedy. If it happens, you step in. Present an official response, maybe apologize, then deal with the offending poster individually, and in private. If necessary, cut them loose. I'm thinking, any organization that fears what I might say, maybe should look inward. We all know, abuse of privilege is possible. If it happens, deal with it. That's all.

Fred...I respectfully disagree with you.

Why go through all that trouble if you could just avoid it by not posting? (as I could be doing right now).

You avoid the possibility of making yourself look like an idiot by having to apologize if necessary, avoid dealing with the offending poster later, avoid the potential embarrassment brought about to your corps, and avoid risking being cut loose. No one would have to "deal with it" if none of it happened!

As an wise instructor in my corps said in the beginning of the year.... "Don't Press Send"!!! LOL

• Like 1

Well, Frank, you do have that disclaimer in your signature, if people take the time to scroll down that far and read it! :satisfied::laugh:

disclaimers stop no one from assuming the worst

• Like 3

Especially with a shifty character like Frank. I always look at him with one eyebrow raised.

:poke:

i always look at him and try to calculate how many beverages a lawn chair joke will cost me

• Like 4

Well, Frank, you do have that disclaimer in your signature, if people take the time to scroll down that far and read it! :satisfied::laugh:

Yes...I do, but I am also smart enough to know better than to speak on behalf of my organization, unless instructed to do so.

There are some, actually many, that aren't!

Edited by FPonzo
  • Like 2

CABS, ALL THE WAY!!

Always my favorite!!

• Like 1