Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

Don't judges also have a policy in place regarding their posting here on DCp even if they are polite in speaking their minds?

• Like 2

Don't judges also have a policy in place regarding their posting here on DCp even if they are polite in speaking their minds?

correct.

and if anyone really, truly wants to see why corps say no to posting, go look at the RAMD summer of love in 97

• Like 4

and LOL, I was just contacted by a staff member of a corps who said "so and so is saying such and such"

yep, they read.

Yes...we are told to stay off DCP. I see no problem with that.

Most of the people here are trying to egg us marching members on anyway! :bleah:

I'm not falling for it!

I do not represent my corps. ONLY my corps admin represents my corps. Official statements from my corps comes from my admin.

I am a member of my corps, and even though my comments or opinions do not reflect the general consensus of the admin of the corps, we are instructed to stay off. We are told that comments may be seen as disrespectful, even if we are defending our own corps. So we are told not to respond. Again...I see nothing wrong with that.

But people would be lying if they don't come here to read the comments.

I do!

I read some of them and just laugh! I appreciate the reviews, and I appreciate the good and bad comments.

Then I sign off, and keep my thoughts to myself. Then go on the field every weekend and do the best show possible.

And I am having the time of my life doing it!

• Like 9

Yes...we are told to stay off DCP. I see no problem with that.

Most of the people here are trying to egg us marching members on anyway! :bleah:

I'm not falling for it!

I do not represent my corps. ONLY my corps admin represents my corps. Official statements from my corps comes from my admin.

I am a member of my corps, and even though my comments or opinions do not reflect the general consensus of the admin of the corps, we are instructed to stay off. We are told that comments may be seen as disrespectful, even if we are defending our own corps. So we are told not to respond. Again...I see nothing wrong with that.

But people would be lying if they don't come here to read the comments.

I do!

I read some of them and just laugh! I appreciate the reviews, and I appreciate the good and bad comments.

Then I sign off, and keep my thoughts to myself. Then go on the field every weekend and do the best show possible.

And I am having the time of my life doing it!

I predict Saturday Frank will see me in the stands and nod

• Like 2

I do see the opposing view about DCP posting. It's just that I reject it. The fear of what could be said is overblown and NOT without remedy. If it happens, you step in. Present an official response, maybe apologize, then deal with the offending poster individually, and in private. If necessary, cut them loose. I'm thinking, any organization that fears what I might say, maybe should look inward. We all know, abuse of privilege is possible. If it happens, deal with it. That's all.

Edited by Fred Windish

The internet. Where no one is ever wrong. Kind of like real life, but with far less apologies.

• Like 2

The internet. Where no one is ever wrong. Kind of like real life, but with far less apologies.

I suppose you are right! For me, it's about speech control. I STRONGLY reject that. If you are man enough/women enough to say it . . . YOU own it.

I suppose you are right! For me, it's about speech control. I STRONGLY reject that. If you are man enough/women enough to say it . . . YOU own it.

I agree, totally about control of anyone's right BUT because someone has a right doesn't not mean they know how to or should use it all the time. How many people have been fired today because of social media stuff, ALOT, how many companies say it right in their contracts before hiring MANY, how many people research the internet to see what a person was up to before hiring MILLIONS, I can't tell you how many young instructors that no longer have a career in our activity due to their on line antics. Many won't go near these people , especially when they learn they were warned. We all live by rules, guidelines etc etc everyday of our lives.

I totally get ya, just don't think it's realistic . We are also NOT talking here about an individual Drum Corps is a large group activity and no matter how much we say we do not represent our corps , we do, if not in a specific opinion, certainly in respect ( as Frank said )

I will say I do think DCP has calmed down a bit or maybe I missed the drama this year..lol.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1