Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

i just find that hard to believe. i would bet paychecks on this not happening.

I totally agree with Don. In fact, I would bet some of his paychecks on this as well! AND, while I am here...why does it seem like when somebody (me) insinuates that a corps visual content is somewhat lacking, someone always seems to bring up the Blue Devils. Have they seen this years Blue Devils? BD has done more at the halfway point of their show than anyone will see in the entire DCA circuit! Their visual content is insane! Comparing Cabs visual program to BD is like comparing apples to hand grenades!
  • Like 1

for those of you wondering why i dont just purchase the fan network...

here's a litte of my background. I work in the arts. I'm a designer and a department head. That being said, I do ok, well, i do better than the freelancers do. But still, this just isn't a purchase I can throw money at. Because rent in places where the arts are thriving cost a lot, and well, the arts doesn't pay like the rest of you who have nice jobs.

I'm not complaining about my choices in life. Far from it. But I did just recieve another PM about why i dont just purchase the Fan Network. Because auto insurance and rent comes first darnit!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming. *Steps off soapbox*

• Like 2

I totally agree with Don. In fact, I would bet some of his paychecks on this as well! AND, while I am here...why does it seem like when somebody (me) insinuates that a corps visual content is somewhat lacking, someone always seems to bring up the Blue Devils. Have they seen this years Blue Devils? BD has done more at the halfway point of their show than anyone will see in the entire DCA circuit! Their visual content is insane! Comparing Cabs visual program to BD is like comparing apples to hand grenades!

I concur, just looking at clips, lets not put DCA in the top 12. There's just way more you can do when you have people practicing everyday. That being said, i do appreciate the entertainment value I get from DCA. Which is not always the case with DCI. grumble.

• Like 2

I totally agree with Don.

Man... now I know you're not feeling well!!! :lol:

• Like 1

There's just way more you can do when you have people practicing everyday.

Bingo.

Please share this with VOReason.... who seems to think that if a DCA corps is not doing... or attempting to do... a full-out DCI drill, then they are standing still watching the grass grow under their feet, and therefore not worthy of any serious discussion. :tongue:

• Like 1

Can't they read? I dont need to send things to anyone, that's just creepy. I am impressed with what i've seen of DCA so far. I have to keep this idea in check though, that weekend warriors can only do so much.

I'd like to relate DCA is to a hobby, like DCI is to a job.

• Like 2

Can't they read? I dont need to send things to anyone, that's just creepy. I am impressed with what i've seen of DCA so far. I have to keep this idea in check though, that weekend warriors can only do so much.

I'd like to relate DCA is to a hobby, like DCI is to a job.

I was only busting his (or her) chops, 'tis all (thus, the smiley face). Kind of a running theme on these threads. LOL.

Edited by Fran Haring

Double post. Oops.

Edited by Fran Haring

No no.. chops arent competiting.

• Like 3

From Weather.com, the Scranton forecast for Saturday:

"Plenty of sun. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s." :thumbup:

• Like 1