Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

On that subject, I was unfortunate enough to direct a "Pagentry Style" band about 25 years ago, and they could not or would not wrap their arms around the concept that all of the dance moves needed to be uniform and precisely performed. I was told that the guys and girls each interpreted the moves differently and well, that was just the way it was.

No wonder they had 6 directors in 5 years. And then, they had the nerve to tell me they were scoring low because they were 97% minorities. I told them that the head Music Judge at the time (Jim Prime, Sr.) was a person of color, a friend, and that if I even thought that race was an issue with the judges, I would go to him in a heartbeat and it would be dealt with immediately.

They didn't like having their ready go-to excuse blown out of the water, either. :satisfied:

All for a massive base pay of $14.1K a year at the time. I left and made more money substitute teaching. :satisfied: Live and learn. :cool:

• Like 1

Buccaneers 93.9
Caballeros 93.8

Fusion Core 92.9

Cadets2 92.0

Bushwackers 85.2

White Sabers 84.9

Hurricanes 84.1

Skyliners 77.8

I think Joey Pero is going to really pump up Sky. This, along with some stiff competition between almost all of the corps from bottom to top will set the stage for a lot of higher scores than we are used to seeing at the Scranton show. I'm going with Bucs by a short-hair, but I think it will come down to whoever lays down the most confident performance of their program.

I think the most interesting thing going on is a two-fold question....How high can Fusion go this year and How much of an impact will a full Cadets2 have on the race? I'm still not convinced that these two corps are ready to take down Cabs, Minnesota or Bucs, but something tells me these three corps are not quite as separated from the rest of the pack as they have been for the last few years. Not a knock of these great corps, I just think that a few others have stepped up their game.

So, I say to all the corps in competition on Saturday, "Who wants it the most? Who is going to grab the audience by the (your choice of noun) and demand the victory?"

:babies:

• Like 1

The comment on Joey is something that's thoughtful. Having someone experienced and encouraging work with a young group that's different is a good thing. A new voice can help reinforce what's been said by staff for months, and also see a thing or two from a different direction. I know when I was the age of many of the Skyliners, having the opportunity to have folks like Ralph Hardimon, Rob Goodhart, Frank Dorritie, Mel Stratton, Larry Kerchner who came in special for us- really helped all of us learn and grow and 30 years later, we still talk about those fantastic experiences on DCP. I'm really looking forward to seeing Sky tomorrow seeing and hearing what's up. :satisfied:

Kilties ... break 70 and Govies break 80... but besides that I like these.

Good call.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

I'm just going to say I have a feeling Cadets2 is bringing ALOT to the table, they might suprise and beat bucs or fusion.

Fusion has a really cool show this year, have high expectations but their brass scores is up there but not with cabs, bucs, and C2

Bucs have a cool show, it just seems too Simaler to previous.

Cabs will definetly take it. They are strongest. Very motivated vibe

C2 still cannot compete with the top level in color guard, which bleeds all over every visual sheet and GE music

• Like 1

everybody thinks that the DCI kids coming to C2 is going to have a big effect. it's not. what those kids did in DCI is one thing. they rehearsed every day. going to C2 that ain't gonna happen. they are not super humans. they are just people. they will get bigger but not necessarily better.

C2 still cannot compete with the top level in color guard, which bleeds all over every visual sheet and GE music

which is why a few weeks ago they were less than a point behind Bucs in guard. bringing in AJ Kise was the absolute best thing C2 could have done. Their issue is IMO less guard, but getting holes filled and keeping stamina in the brass given some of the spreads they offer visually.