Scran'n Predictions....Here we go!

everybody thinks that the DCI kids coming to C2 is going to have a big effect. it's not. what those kids did in DCI is one thing. they rehearsed every day. going to C2 that ain't gonna happen. they are not super humans. they are just people. they will get bigger but not necessarily better.

well, here's why:

getting a show truly clean can't be done for someone jumping in with 3 weeks to go, especially in an all white uniform.

• Like 2

well, here's why:

getting a show truly clean can't be done for someone jumping in with 3 weeks to go, especially in an all white uniform.

maybe i am stupid jeff. but i don't understand what you are saying. please excuse me. sometimes i look at a sentence and don't understand it. this is one of those times. now i took some strong pain meds an hour ago so that could be it. these things are crazy.

How badly did I do this time?

OK, I'll play:

Mendota Heights

O1. 90.15 -- Minnesota Brass -- actual 91.25 (+1.10)

O2. 68.90 -- Kilties -- actual 71.35 (+2.45)

A1. 77.90 -- Governaires -- actual 81.10 (+3.20)

Scranton

O1. 92.55 -- Caballeros -- actual 92.60 (+0.05)

O2. 92.25 -- Buccaneers -- actual 92.55 (+0.30)

O3. 91.60 -- Fusion Core -- actual 89.85 (-1.75)

O4. 89.45 -- Cadets2 -- actual 87.35 (-2.10)

O5. 83.20 -- Bushwackers -- actual 83.85 (+0.65)

O6. 82.85 -- Hurricanes -- actual 81.20 (-1.65)

O7. 75.10 -- Skyliners -- actual 73.30 (-1.80)

A1. 86.35 -- White Sabers -- actual 82.40 (-3.95)

Rockmart

O1. 87.65 -- Atlanta CV -- actual 88.60 (+0.95)

O2. 76.80 -- Alliance -- actual 79.35 (+2.55)

O3. 73.00 -- Carolina Gold -- actual 83.00 (+10.00)

A1. 79.35 -- Sun Devils -- actual 81.10 (+1.75)

A2. 68.75 -- Cincinnati Tradition -- actual 71.25 (+2.50)

St. Peter

O1. 90.45 -- Minnesota Brass -- actual 92.35 (+1.90)

O2. 69.10 -- Kilties -- actual 72.50 (+3.40)

A1. 78.10 -- Governaires -- actual 83.25 (+5.15)

As usual, I'm most interested to learn where I've guessed wrong.

Pretty badly. Only four out of nineteen predictions were within a point of the actual results. However, one of those, for Cabs, I guessed within five hundredths.

Wow, Carolina Gold! I guess the Dallas score really was a low fluke rather than the Fayetteville score being a high fluke.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

maybe i am stupid jeff. but i don't understand what you are saying. please excuse me. sometimes i look at a sentence and don't understand it. this is one of those times. now i took some strong pain meds an hour ago so that could be it. these things are crazy.

with the visual packages of today Don, you can't just jup in, learn a drill and be as spotless clean as someone next to you who has been there all year

• Like 1

with the visual packages of today Don, you can't just jup in, learn a drill and be as spotless clean as someone next to you who has been there all year

Exactly. It's not like it used to be where if you stayed between 2 people and marched in step, you were 97% safe. BTW they showed 3 brass openings still obvious at Scranton.

You know instead of pointing out everything wrong with Cadets2 we could sit back and forget about holes in drill and just enjoy the show.

1400129922570.jpg

In all seriousness, this is a competitive activity. There are a lot of experienced, knowledgeable people posting in the DCA forums. Sadly, there are a lot of butt-hurt members and staff reading it, that take things way to personally and can't accept that some of the critiques (both positive and constructive) might actually be right.

• Like 5

Honestly it's not a 'butthurt' thing to me, but a visual score is a visual score, holes or no holes. If they are guiding the forms as someone was actually in the holes then there you go. Go ahead because DCP is just critiques, personally just the nit-picking at the holes thing (which yes it's not good) when there a few other corps that have holes being filled too is just a little much. What if those people had injuries, were cut, or had an emergency? Yeah it's not cool seeing holes but if we are gonna point them out on it, maybe we should be pointing it out in other corps IMO

Ream, John and I don't care to do Care Bear reviews, and I'm probably by far be the most Care Bear of the three.

C2 was okay. They're getting better. But I can't gush and wax poetic when things weren't as right as they could have and should have been at Scranton.

Frankly, I hear people gush about them, saying how they're "gonna win, top 3, blah blah blah" and I guess when anyone criticizes them in legit fashion, I guess it bothers them because they can't whinge that they got screwed by the judging panel when they've been pretty much put precisely where they belong when folks like John lay out what the issues are clearly.

I'll lay them out as well later in my review. All I'll say for now is from the sound of it, the hose came out on the horn book in a big way this week.

Honestly it's not a 'butthurt' thing to me, but a visual score is a visual score, holes or no holes. If they are guiding the forms as someone was actually in the holes then there you go. Go ahead because DCP is just critiques, personally just the nit-picking at the holes thing (which yes it's not good) when there a few other corps that have holes being filled too is just a little much. What if those people had injuries, were cut, or had an emergency? Yeah it's not cool seeing holes but if we are gonna point them out on it, maybe we should be pointing it out in other corps IMO

I didn't mean to imply you as butt-hurt...it was more of a general comment. As far as Cadets2 goes, having holes late in the season isn't new. It's been going on in all three seasons they've existed, so it's pretty fair game for comment. Pointing out those holes also doesn't preclude anyone from enjoying their programs, and if you do a little reading on these forums from the past three years you'll see that. If Cadets2 hold true to form, next weekend they will be full, and at Championships they will be very good indeed...but not as good as they could have been had they come out full. Regardless, they will be very entertaining and enjoyable. Of that, there is little doubt.