Michael Cesario DCI artistic director. Interested in your Analysis 014

Not quite sure what you are asking but I'll give it a shot ( recovering from last week..lol ) Anyway, there is a clear difference from lower corps to mid corps to upper corps, very clear, in design as well as performance. It's almost easy to see where or which corps fall into which neighborhoods right from the beginning. Are there corps that break through areas into another, up or down sure there could be. I do believe the point spread is very valid from mid to lower corps as well. There's just a difference IMO

As far as anything going to the same corps it's merely because some corps maintain excellence and some not so much. Corps who maintain some degree of continual development and success have learned what to do to move forward NOT re- start year after year.

Not sure if I answered anything or gave you my opinion on what you were asking But tried..lol

huh? LMAO.

Mr Cesario. Give up your involvement with Fred j Miller Inc or give up your DCI position.

Oh, come on. One has nothing to do with the other. For that matter, Michael had nothing to do with BD's product. He *consults* when asked; he's nobody's program coordinator.

Although I don't share private conversations, I can assure you he was absolutely euphoric at the entertaining/involving/compelling level of 2014 DCI. His "Kick-a$$ finals" tells the story there.

Then he sent me a pic of a BDB guard toss that was forever frozen in PERFECTLY syncronized time. That guard came in Open Class 3rd place.

• Like 1

It's pretty much the same design staff's out there for the last decade (give or take a few people) that came up with a very entertaining 2014. I agree with Tad_MMA. He'll give his opinion on something if asked, but he's not closely involved with anyone's design process.

Not quite sure what the Cesario hate is all about. The shows this year were phenomenal and the corps uniforms looked great!

I told him I was pleasantly surprised with how much more entertaining BD's show was this year. He said he thought that all the corps were "starting to get it".

Does this mean that Cesario didn't find other recent Blue Devils shows to be entertaining?

I noticed that Dennis DeLucia in the Big, Loud, and Live broadcast similarly mentioned that he was glad the crowd was enjoying the Devils' show, and that Will Pitts a few minutes later said he was pleased that all of this year's shows were entertaining.

Is DCI endorsing the idea that there were some recent down years in terms of fan appreciation?

(One more thing: when choosing their favorite moments of that evening, none of the four announcers picked anything by Cadets or BD. What does that mean? I have no idea.)

Oh, come on. One has nothing to do with the other. For that matter, Michael had nothing to do with BD's product. He *consults* when asked; he's nobody's program coordinator.

Although I don't share private conversations, I can assure you he was absolutely euphoric at the entertaining/involving/compelling level of 2014 DCI. His "Kick-### finals" tells the story there.

Then he sent me a pic of a BDB guard toss that was forever frozen in PERFECTLY syncronized time. That guard came in Open Class 3rd place.

I never said he consulted with anyone however selling uniforms with his name on them to about half the DCI groups is a SERIOUS conflict of interest. If he make no money from it then it should not be hard to give up.

Michael Cesario has been the most positive person in the activity for the longest time.

He is perfectly suited for the role he has and I bet he's one heck of a hoot to have a conversation with. Of everything people have complained about DCI, MC is not the person to question.

I wish he had more air time.

Edited by Lincoln
  • Like 3

Is it Michael or Mike?

Just going with the LSD - trip feel of this thread.

I overheard Michael Cesario talking to a barista, at a Starbucks in downtown Indianapolis. He said something about Fellini on the farm. He had this sly smile on his face. As he picked up his Americano triple shot, he said under his breath, “E I E I Oh.” Hopefully that answers your question.

• Like 1

I overheard Michael Cesario talking to a barista, at a Starbucks in downtown Indianapolis. He said something about Fellini on the farm. He had this sly smile on his face. As he picked up his Americano triple shot, he said under his breath, “E I E I Oh.” Hopefully that answers your question.

"When you're finished changing, you're finished". (Benjamin Franklin).