Split The Fan Network into two product offerings…

I posted this in the "How to Improve the Fan Network" thread but I wanted to have a more in-depth discussion on it (but if it should've just kept it's happy butt in that thread please delete this one and I'll show myself out).

I think the current model for tFN doesn't work all that well given the two distinct product offerings currently being lumped under the same pricing structure. I'm going to name them temporarily as "The Vault" and "DCI.TV". The Vault is the collection of "old" content that users can access, stream, and purchase/download at their leisure. DCI.TV is the live-streaming service offered during the competitive season. Currently both are paid for via the ~$70 fee that lasts until May of every year, regardless of when you sign up (AFAIK). I don't think this model works all that well from a person standpoint so I'd like to make a suggestion as to how to effectively split the two and not hurt tFN at all and, potentially, make it more enticing to DCI's audience and (hopefully) bring more money in for DCI to continue to improve tFN:

The Vault – $5/mo or $50/yr (savings of $10)

• Access to streaming of HD (when available) video and audio of all prior year performances; this could be just from Finals or from other shows (such as regionals) if available.
  • Discounted pricing for buying and downloading said HD video and audio content.
  • Access to watch current season regional performances one week after the show.
  • Access to buy/download current season regional performances two weeks after the show.
  • Access to watch current season finals performances two weeks after the show.
  • Access to buy/download current season finals performances one month after the show.
  • The subscription plan for The Vault ends either one month from the sign-up date (monthly plan) or one year from the sign-up date (yearly plan) whenever that date may be.

DCI.TV – $50/season

• Able to live-stream select regular, regional, and finals week shows.
  • Able to watch current season live-stream performances immediately following the show.
  • Able to watch current season finals performances immediately following the show (if doable).
  • Exclusive content like interviews, mid-season updates, etc. as well as early access to certain content pertaining to the current season.
  • The subscription plan for DCI.TV begins around the beginning of the season (May, for example) and ends at the beginning of September.

DVD and Bluray purchases will be totally separate and not tied to either subscription plan such that buying a plan with physical media is necessary to unlock digital content.

Obviously it's a WIP idea and many things could be tweaked, but I think splitting up the offerings into these two separate ideas (basically Amazon Prime/Hulu Plus/etc. versus MLB.TV/NFL Sunday Ticket/etc.) makes the overall tFN product better and personally I'd be more enticed to have a rolling subscription to The Vault AND buy a season pass to DCI.TV every single year. I really want to subscribe to tFN right now to watch some things but I don't really want to pay $70 for a sub that will run out in May when I'll just have to re-up another $70.

Thoughts?

• Like 1