Another TILT - the meaning of Hymn of Acxiom

caveats:

(1) huge Bluecoats fan

(2) if repeated elsewhere, sorry, admins please merge, etc.

I was curious about the meaning of lyrics to the Hymn of Acxiom, and found the following links that explain it. That caused a huge "tilt" for me - stunning gorgeous music, backed by a meaning that gives creepy chills (to me anyway). Just another way that Blooo brought a "tilt" to the music. I still love the piece, hauntingly beautiful!

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/93517/internship-inspires-the-hymn-of-acxiom

http://viennateng.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4031

• Like 2

Agreed.

A very unsettling song when you actually listen to the lyrics.

I found it very interesting, the contrast between the beauty of the music (lyrical, romantic, hymn-like, pulls you in), versus the lyric content (big data analysis of your online presence, loss of anonymity, consumerism trying to pull you in to their product - "now we possess you", etc.).

And this is why I'm going to have my high school chorus sing this song and study the meaning of the lyrics. If I can.

TILT

You'll own that in time.

• Like 2

TILT

You'll own that in time.

Well, I DO plan on buying all of the 2014 audio/video offerings... :D

• Like 3

I found it very interesting, the contrast between the beauty of the music (lyrical, romantic, hymn-like, pulls you in), versus the lyric content (big data analysis of your online presence, loss of anonymity, consumerism trying to pull you in to their product - "now we possess you", etc.).

It's a really fantastic premise - a database server singing you a beautiful love song.

But I liked that the Bluecoats were willing to leave it to the audience to get that dimension, or not. They didn't sing any of the lyrics, and the audience was free to appreciate the piece as a just powerful instrumental ballad. Or appreciate yet another layer of "tilt" if you listened to the source material.

• Like 6

The reason I looked into it is because they DID sing the lyrics at the Massillon show. I saw a video and couldn't understand the lyrics, so I looked it up. I found it a little creepy, but cool.

• Like 1

The beauty of the music is how they pull you into their evil tilted plan. It ensures that you are immersed in the subliminal messages. Did you find yourself loving the show but unable to explain why? Did you spend more money on Bluecoats souvenirs? You did, didn't you.

More importantly, are there new unexplainable charges on your credit card?

This year, the fans. Next year, the judges will gradually find themselves less and less impressed by the Blue Devils.

• Like 3

When OC decided to use the song in their ballad (completely separate of Bloo of course, an interesting coincidence) I got obsessed with it. I found the lyrics to be absolutely brilliant, so clever, and so indicative of modern consumerism. The song sounds like some sort of religious experience and then when you know the lyrics, it is such a surprise.

Somebody's picking up every crumb you drop.

• Like 1