Fans jump up in acceptance of electronics.

Not when the kid hits the button.

Just got this image of the "Robot Chicken" nerd hanging over a sound board talking to himself....

(Lifts up arm) "And he prepares to hit the button"

(Brings arm down) "He hits the button.. and the crowd goes wild" (makes crowd noise)

Camera pulls back to reveal he's in his room... by himself... again....

Yeah, just hit 57 and like the Chicken.... something ain't right....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I just don't care anymore...I still want my kids in drum corps! I'm tired of arguing about something that isn't going to change...change the freaking channel!!!!

• Like 3

I just don't care anymore...I still want my kids in drum corps! I'm tired of arguing about something that isn't going to change...change the freaking channel!!!!

It's going to change alright, but if it turns into a Decibel War it will only change for the worse.

I can only answer for myself. Beyond that I would just be speculating. And just a little guess here is that you figured out I think electronics detract from what I like best, which is the acoustic sound. Also I really can't stand narration at all. Now, in speculation space, my guess us that a lot of people who don't like electronics just stopped participating.

Yup. This.

I showed a clip of Bluecoats pitch bend to some drum corps friends the other day. Got a what the hell was that? They're glad they're not around to hear that and the narration, but they do miss the friends they marched with.

I enjoyed the moment, and fight to stay involved, but there is no foregone conclusion that all electronics are going to be universally accepted. Mostly, little Johnny's mommy and daddy are going to support whatever their kids do.

Most of the corps alumni will support their corps if they're winning. Then there are the forever fans that digest whatever is given.

There's nothing wrong with criticism. It can make a product better. Sorta like judging... lol

• Like 1

Yup. This.

I showed a clip of Bluecoats pitch bend to some drum corps friends the other day. Got a what the hell was that? They're glad they're not around to hear that and the narration, but they do miss the friends they marched with.

I enjoyed the moment, and fight to stay involved, but there is no foregone conclusion that all electronics are going to be universally accepted. Mostly, little Johnny's mommy and daddy are going to support whatever their kids do.

Most of the corps alumni will support their corps if they're winning. Then there are the forever fans that digest whatever is given.

There's nothing wrong with criticism. It can make a product better. Sorta like judging... lol

I always find these stories hilarious. Shown that clip to some friends and they reacted the exact opposite. I have had three new DCI attendees this summer and many more since who would love to see the action of it all live. There are tons of students around the area who LOVED the show and would love nothing more than to march and continue loving the activity. They are not alumni, forever fans (yet), and last I checked none of them had children. For every flow out, there is a pretty equal flow into the activity.

• Like 1

I always find these stories hilarious. Shown that clip to some friends and they reacted the exact opposite. I have had three new DCI attendees this summer and many more since who would love to see the action of it all live. There are tons of students around the area who LOVED the show and would love nothing more than to march and continue loving the activity. They are not alumni, forever fans (yet), and last I checked none of them had children. For every flow out, there is a pretty equal flow into the activity.

Yes, I know. My friends were being pretty harsh. That was a good moment, but it's just a bridge too far for these alumni.

Oh well. Good that there are replacements I guess.

Yes, I know. My friends were being pretty harsh. That was a good moment, but it's just a bridge too far for these alumni.

Oh well. Good that there are replacements I guess.

Very unfortunate. I wish we did have more alumnus around to teach the youngins what being a part of the corps means and help them appreciate where they are/where the corps came from more.

Did it work for Bloo? Yes, very well.

has electronics not worked for others? yes they haven't. I'm sure we'll see some of both for years to come.

• Like 1

I wonder what show would have suffered the most if they preformed unplugged on finals this year? this is my order - Bloo, BK, BD then Cadets.

Good point!

I bet very little thought went into it.