Fans jump up in acceptance of electronics.

This FAN did not watch one show or one clip all season. Mainly because of electronics and all brass issues.

DCI has lost a fan.

How is that for electronics???

Those who drank the Kool Aid won't appreciate your comments.

This FAN did not watch one show or one clip all season. Mainly because of electronics and all brass issues.

DCI has lost a fan.

How is that for electronics???

Take this in the positive spirit in which it’s intended please, but …

No one noticed you were missing. Quite the opposite, what we noticed were giant crowds – fans squeezing in from end zone to end zone – from Nashville to Atlanta to Charlotte to Philly to Indy (and probably plenty more cities I didn’t see with my own eyes).

And they weren’t down on the Bluecoats bending the pitch with something other than embouchure. No, they were too busy loving it, praising it. No, there were more than enough people buying tickets and more than enough applause to matter.

DCP can split hairs, spill milk and cry all it wants, but the OP is right: We loved drum corps this summer and cared not a lick that some of our favorite shows were powered by something more than talent and imagination.

It wasn’t just Bluecoats either. Blue Knights were transcendent, using voice in tandem with music to deliver a moving program. Electricity enhanced the visuals too; the clock’s flashing lights might mark another new era.

It is a new era for drum corps - an era in which we eagerly bought tickets to shows where electronics were obvious. We can quibble whether fans were actually jumping up in acceptance. We can’t quibble about the acceptance.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 2

No one noticed you were missing. Quite the opposite, what we noticed were giant crowds – fans squeezing in from end zone to end zone – from Nashville to Atlanta to Charlotte to Philly to Indy (and probably plenty more cities I didn’t see with my own eyes).

And they weren’t down on the Bluecoats bending the pitch with something other than embouchure. No, they were too busy loving it, praising it. No, there were more than enough people buying tickets and more than enough applause to matter.

DCP can split hairs, spill milk and cry all it wants, but the OP is right: We loved drum corps this summer and cared not a lick that some of our favorite shows were powered by something more than talent and imagination.

It wasn’t just Bluecoats either. Blue Knights were transcendent, using voice in tandem with music to deliver a moving program. Electricity enhanced the visuals too; the clock’s flashing lights might mark another new era.

It is a new era for drum corps - an era in which we eagerly bought tickets to shows where electronics were obvious. We can quibble whether fans were actually jumping up in acceptance. We can’t quibble about the acceptance.

Come on, How would he know this? quote, " This FAN did not watch one show or one clip all season. Mainly because of electronics and all brass issues.' END QUOTE

HH

No, what WE noticed or were reminded of was that Bluecoats fans are almost as hysterical as the Borg and many are trying to attach a greater relevance to this years’ show as some sort of validation of self. Very bizarre

And WE weren’t loving it all, some of it became hot-dog, washroom, beer refresh time.

I must be a cold hearted cow because, well, I’m glad Blue Knight went on before the intermission, gave us (yes, not just me but WE as in the person I went with) a longer break, got in front of the lines. My semis hot-dog corps wasn’t so well timed, that’s what I said...are WE starting to get it?

It’s nice WE can pick and choose which shows to ignore with all these corps.

You see WE don’t really have to accept anything yet can still attend

I figured finals would be crowded because the Borg was in the hunt, so typical…and with Bluecoats hot and only a few hours away…correlation is not causation

So please, it’s not WE it may be ME which is YOU but its not me

No, what WE noticed or were reminded of was that Bluecoats fans are almost as hysterical as the Borg ...

...So please, it’s not WE it may be ME which is YOU but its not me

The Borg defense ... It's so vintage it's almost quaint.

Maybe all that anger caused you not to observe something significant at shows this year? You would have had plenty of time at intermission to make a call, buy a hot dog and plenty more were electronics the failure you'd rather it were. But it's not. And what you failed to observe - and why you felt the need to miss something good on the field - is because the stadiums have been packed with enthusiastic fans. YOU should note that's THEM and ME - other words US. We're loving drum corps - chords and cords and all.

HH

Edited by glory

Anger?

Bemused would be a better word

And what you failed to notice while you were watching something not-so good on the field (rather subjective after all) is how crowed the hallways were for that’s what Cowtown said and how tepid the reaction was (judged by the 3 times I did stay in the stands for it) from all the people in the crowd that you somehow have been granted the ability to speak for, except me of course

So is the failure of the Cadets show damnation on electronics that nullifies the success of the Bluecoats use of electronics?

Colts, Mandarins etc

I think it sell the Bluecoats short to subscribe the success of their show on electronics. They’ve used a lot of electronics in the past and they were doing a whole lot more than dancing to a sample. But by the account of some, you’d think next year’s champ will be based on the staff that produces the best designed synth sounds, marchers be dammed

It’s all rather spurious isn’t it?

What’s with this need of the Bloo to speak for the fans and their brand new embrace of electronics or proclaim, game changer.

Objectively, to put it kindly, it’s silly and not at all supported

...So is the failure of the Cadets show damnation on electronics that nullifies the success of the Bluecoats use of electronics?

...Objectively, to put it kindly, it’s silly and not at all supported

Cadets failed in musical selection, not electronics (or any other) execution. If anything, Cadets were one of the best examples yet of live narration. Blue Knights were a great example of recorded narration done well. DCP shows plenty of endorsements of both. Colts are an example of narration done poorly. No big deal. There were horn lines, drum lines and guards that executed poorly too.

Objectively, we have butts in seats to measure acceptance of a decade of electronics. Goal line to goal line is acceptance by any objective measure.

Enjoy your hot dog. Must be lonely in there.

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 1

Cadets failed in musical selection, not electronics (or any other) execution. If anything, Cadets were one of the best examples yet of live narration. Blue Knights were a great example of recorded narration done well. DCP shows plenty of endorsements of both. Colts are an example of narration done poorly. No big deal. There were horn lines, drum lines and guards that executed poorly too.

Objectively, we have butts in seats to measure acceptance of a decade of electronics. Goal line to goal line is acceptance by any objective measure.

Enjoy your hot dog. Must be lonely in there.

HH

Yep.....the Cadets music selection was such a failure that the Coats were not able to squeeze by them until the very last show....Cadets were something like 33 and 1 against Coats......failure???? hmmmm.

Yep.....the Cadets music selection was such a failure that the Coats were not able to squeeze by them until the very last show....Cadets were something like 33 and 1 against Coats......failure???? hmmmm.

Some peoples failure's are others triumph's :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING