Best Video from Finals!

If this is true, doesn't look like very good PR for Yamaha. What do you have to say Yamaha?

I'm guessing they would say "that's not a Yamaha carrier, it's a Randall May carrier"

• Like 5

there are a LOT of first-person videos on YouTube, mostly from rehearsal run-throughs. A couple of my favorites:

2013 Bluecoats rehearsal (quads)

2013 Carolina Crown finals victory encore (trumpet)

2013 Carolina Crown final rehearsal run (baritone)

And that was just 2013. After people had been doing video for a few years.

Edited by mingusmonk

and audio before that. Here's a recording of 1987 SCV at finals, recorded by one of the snares with a Walkman taped to his carrier.

• Like 1

i remember this vid -- you can tell many kids were still suffering from the plague even at finals. that was a nasty virus.

(and these vids were called boob cams at crown for quite some time (because the camera was placed in a sliced up sportsbra))

Edited by corpsband

and audio before that. Here's a recording of 1987 SCV at finals, recorded by one of the snares with a Walkman taped to his carrier.

You don't have to tell me. I already subscribe to ... that guy's channel. lol.

The design of a product should take into account ALL possible usage conditions.

Disclaimer: I am not a drummer.

Would one of those possible usage conditions also include quick removal (and subsequent reattachment) of drum to be part of a muffler feature? Could have the malfunction been an improper reattachment?

Disclaimer: I am not a drummer.

Would one of those possible usage conditions also include quick removal (and subsequent reattachment) of drum to be part of a muffler feature? Could have the malfunction been an improper reattachment?

Very good. I was wondering the same thing. Or maybe the part where the drum meets the carrier was worn? Or user error like you said, where the guy didn't push the drum all the way down into the 2 grooves on the carrier side. If this was an automobile liability lawsuit the lawyers would be arguing a lot of things like this. Seems like the drummer is the only one who knows what really happened.

OMG, thanks for this link! I never knew it existed, and I know that show inside and out as a snare player. That was the absolute peak of SCV battery writing and I've watched it a hundred times. What an amazing experience to listen to it through the snare player! I can't tell you how much fun that was for me.

Thank you. Dood (Dood-ette), thank you.

OMG, thanks for this link! I never knew it existed, and I know that show inside and out as a snare player. That was the absolute peak of SCV battery writing and I've watched it a hundred times. What an amazing experience to listen to it through the snare player! I can't tell you how much fun that was for me.

Thank you. Dood (Dood-ette), thank you.

There's also this one, which is the same recording synced to the finals video.