Top 10 Favorite shows of all time!

Did you have to wake up BRASSO? Come on rook!

if someone wakes me up when I'm in restive sleep, they'll wish they woke up a Ghost.

Edited by BRASSO

Favorite 12 today

1988 Madison Scouts

1995 Madison Scouts

1989 Phantom Regiment

1993 Phantom Regiment

2008 Phantom Regiment

2000 Cadets

2011 Cadets

1995 Cavaliers

1981 Blue Devils

1989 SCV

2013 SCV

1980 Bridgemen

Threads like this are funny. You can probably guess a person's age pretty acurately based on their range of shows listed.

For the most part, yes. But for fans who never marched, it more has to do with when you became a fan. In my case that was 2011.

I am not ready to make a full top ten list quite yet. I absolutely love to watch drum corps live and I want many more seasons under my belt before I can truly present a top ten. The hit that I get when I'm sitting in the stands is quite a bit more visceral than when I see a show on a screen.

This thread also gives me many shows to watch before my FN sub runs out! I've seen a smattering of the classic shows, but nowhere near all that appear in these lists.

My favorites so far:

Phantom 2008 - this is a show that did it for me from a screen. So much passion. It blew me away - and made me a permanent, loyal fan of PR.

Cadets 2011 - the Cadets came to my home town, Portland, so I saw this show live. Even as a total newbie I knew this show was special.

(2011 was also my first trip to Indy and it was then I fell in love with ALL the corps. I caught the bug.)

BD 2011 - because I'm old enough to appreciate the music of Burt Bacharach. For a BD show, it was pretty straight-forward with not a lot of props. I was also fortunate to "stumble" upon BD, Cadets and Cavies warming up at Military Park on prelims day. I was just taking a nice stroll after dark. I didn't know what I'd found till later. My son is jealous to this day of that fortuitous discovery. I've been to Indy four times now and I always spend time at Military Park.

OC 2012 - My son's corps won the open class title that year and it was thrilling. The show was pretty good too :)

Crown 2012 - The year I fell in love with CC.

Crown 2013 - Just an amazing show all around.

Crown 2014 - So creative. Loved the opening vocals. Love their shows even if there are problems.

Bloo - 2014 - They squeezed everything artistically possible out of one word and caused a sensation. Well done.

Edited by luv4corps

This was difficult. Top 12 In approximate order (this changes by day/mood)

1. SCV 2012 - Music of the Starry Night

2. Phantom 2003 - A Harmonic Journey
3. Phantom 2010 - Into the Light
4. Phantom 1996 - A Defiant Heart
5. Star 1993 - The Music of Barber and Bartok

6. SCV 2009 - Ballet for Martha
7. Phantom 2008 - Spartacus

8. Crown 2012 - For the Common Good
9. Cavies 2000 - Niagara Falls

10. SCV 1991 - Miss Saigon

11. SCV 2004 - Scheherezade
12. Cavies 2002 - Frameworks

Honorable mentions:
Phantom 89, 07, 11

SCV 89, 92, 13
Cavies 04, 10, 11
Scouts 99, 12

Crown 08, 13

Bloo 14
VK 92
BAC 14
Crossmen 13

I started following DCI closely in 05 (after finishing my first season), so anything earlier than that I only know from video.

Edited by Spandy

It's really hard to pick my favorite shows of all time because there are shows that I respect intellectually vs. shows that impacted me emotionally, but I'll try.

1. Star Trek - the Original

2. Farscape

3. M*A*S*H

4. The Sopranos

5. Babylon 5

6. Battlestar Galactica

7. Seinfeld

8. The Wire

9. Game of Thrones

10. Walking Dead

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 4

My " 10 favorite drum Corps shows of all time" changes daily,... if not, by the hour.

• Like 2

I'll start with 2002 in no particular order:

2002 Cavaliers

2005 Bluecoats

2007 Phantom Regiment

2008 Cavaliers

2008 Phantom Regiment

2009 Carolina Crown

2010 Bluecoats

2013 Carolina Crown

2014 Bluecoats

2014 Vangard

I started to list all the shows I really like. I wasn't successful. There are far too many that I like to come up with a top 10. Every time I think I nailed my list, I would start to think about other shows I liked.

I agree. Although, I'm gonna say that the top 6 shows of 1999 are the reason why I fell in love with drum corp. I absolutely love every single one of those shows. I often go back and listen/watch those shows every now and then.

Threads like this are funny. You can probably guess a person's age pretty acurately based on their range of shows listed.

Let me break down the partial ignorance to that comment . . . . . i love DCI for every year its existed. i just love the conceptual changes and increased difficulty of the newer years (2000's). the sound of the 90's i prefer, the start of the innovations of the 80's i love and the originality and superb sound of the 70' is unmatched. That has nothing to do with the age. I personally love the 90's and 2000's way more simply because they are more cutting edge, alot more difficult and incredibly visual! so Everyfan......... i encourage you to state your favorite shows. i can say like BRASSO my favorites change every day because i find new shows to watch and admire. i finally got to see SCV 2000 today and i absolutely loved it! I also saw Bloo 95 and it was incredible to me. so . . . . . . wheres your top 10? Can you guess my age?