Scores

The fact that groups competing in different parts of the country on the same night with little or no head to head competition could be within mere tenths of one another, astounds me! It must be that these DCA judges are so well trained and the rubric for adjuticating shows so well defined, that any other outcome would be improbable if not impossible. #### I miss DCA!

if you look, the names on the recap have traveled to all of the regions. they've seen people

The fact that groups competing in different parts of the country on the same night with little or no head to head competition could be within mere tenths of one another, astounds me! It must be that these DCA judges are so well trained and the rubric for adjuticating shows so well defined, that any other outcome would be improbable if not impossible. #### I miss DCA!

The close head to head scores between Cabs and Bucs are not hard to fathom. Most people at the show would have probably called it a toss-up. It does seem a little interesting that Minnesota's score came in so close just after the Scranton scores were announced, especially when they had a 91.25 just 23 hours before the Scranton show happened.

But, on the other hand, based on watching a video from a couple weeks ago, I suspect that Minnesota probably should be the 3rd or 4th seed in Open Class. They will probably end up in one of these two slots for Pre-lims after the shows next week, so no harm, no foul, I guess. My gut tells me they are closer to the 3rd through 6th pack this year, and not the Cabs or Bucs, but I guess that will be sorted out on Saturday afternoon in Rochester.

My guess tells me Minn. is the dark horse to win it all .Just some fine tuning to there horn line and there right there with Cabs and Bucs .

The close head to head scores between Cabs and Bucs are not hard to fathom. Most people at the show would have probably called it a toss-up. It does seem a little interesting that Minnesota's score came in so close just after the Scranton scores were announced, especially when they had a 91.25 just 23 hours before the Scranton show happened.

But, on the other hand, based on watching a video from a couple weeks ago, I suspect that Minnesota probably should be the 3rd or 4th seed in Open Class. They will probably end up in one of these two slots for Pre-lims after the shows next week, so no harm, no foul, I guess. My gut tells me they are closer to the 3rd through 6th pack this year, and not the Cabs or Bucs, but I guess that will be sorted out on Saturday afternoon in Rochester.

really interesting since one show should have nothing to do with another. do you suggest collusion?

well most corps do go up 2 points per show min. so if Minn,,had a 91.25 23 hours earlier then if they hit 93.25 the next night no one would question it . DUH

This could be Minnesohtah's year dontchaknow.

• Like 2

No, it is in fact half of a tenth - half way between 92.5 and 92.6. Can't get much closer than that, eh?

The makings of an exciting competitive weekend. Good luck to all...

The corps I was with won a DCA title by that same margin.

.05 is all ya need!!! :tongue:

Well, just for fun... A head-to-head of the top 3 in each caption from the weekend (YES, we all know about comparing scores from three different shows :cool: )....

Visual Ensemble: Cabs 186, MBI 185, Bucs 184

Color Guard: MBI 184, Hurcs 184, Atlanta CV 181, Fusion Core 181

Visual Total: MBI 18.45, Cabs 18.3, Atlanta CV 18.05

Summary: Given MBI's history in this caption it is a surprise. I have seen them and I was mightily impressed with their visual show this year. Another totally expected and wonderful addition to the top echelon in DCA is Atlanta CV's program.

Brass: Cabs 189, Bucs 186, Fusion Corps 183

Percussion: Bucs 188, MBI 184, Cadets2 184

Music Ensemble: Cabs 189, Bucs 186, MBI 184

Music Total: Bucs 28.0, Cabs 28.0, MBI 27.35

Summary: Notable here is the absence of MBI in Brass. Had they been at least at the level of the Bucs, they would have won the final score listed below.

Visual Effect: Bucs 189, MBI 186, Cabs 184

Music Effect: MBI 187, Cabs 186, Bucs 185

Effect Total: Bucs 37.40, MBI 37.30, Cabs 37.00

Summary: Another surprise. Despite MBI's low score in brass they still manage a 1st place in music effect.

Communication Total: Bucs 9.30, Cabs 9.30, MBI 9.25

Final Scores: Cabs 92.6, Bucs 92.55, MBI 92.35

Dang. This is gonna be close! :smile:

Edited by Ron H
  • Like 1

Seems to me there was another 18.1 in color guard somewhere in the country. I don't know...maybe I am just imagining it.

It will all work it's way out in Rochester. Seems the last two weeks before Championships are like the two weeks before Christmas. Everyone wondering what's under the tree for them!

Just sayin'

Dan

• Like 3