One more regular season show to go ,let the predictions rip

Here goes . . . .

I fully expect Buccaneers to win this Saturday, by about 1.5. I expect them to again win at Prelims in Rochester.

From what I have witnessed, live and video, the Finals winner in Rochester will come from these two corps.

nope. that's way to be a spread.

Hey Fred ... you switchin' yer prediction from the other thread where you picked the Cabs to win "by a slight margin"?

Ya can't have it both ways ...

:-)

'Ya got me!

Actually, that 'slight margin' could still come into play in Rochester. So slight, I don't even want to touch a prediction on Finals. Looks to me like the Champion will be decided by a spread in just ONE caption. Or, to put it another way, a score assigned by a single judge. I realize you can't just peg the final result on one individual, but with most every caption being scored just 1-2 tenths apart, it could just take one caption spread of 5-6 tenths to swing the thing. That's a little scary. . . . . . for BOTH corps!

I really don't see Minnesota Brass as a contender for the title this year, nor Fusion, Cadets2, either. I CAN see Atlanta CV biting I, if not 2, of that group. Some real good battles this season. I'll be 'tuning in' this year.

Cabs 93.55

Bucs 93.20

Fusion 91.80

C2 90.35

Gold 84.00

WS 82.90

I don't see Reading topping the Cabs this weekend. In fact, I see the spread opening a little. The Visual Effect score from Scranton was WAY out of wack from what it has been like all season. I don't give that number a whole lot of credit, especially when Readings color guard was scored as low as it was. For that Vis Effect number to stand you'd have to think they were flawless but thats far from what I saw. Readings visual book isn't close to even Fusion or Hawthorne. They run for the sake of running, but not for any intent other than two big moves. They added in two different choreography visuals from the last time I saw them in Wayne... both of which are the same, so it' doesn't bring much variety. And they didn't make a clean form the whole night in Scranton. When I saw this number on the recap i was in complete shock. There were plenty of moments in the show where you were looking around for something interesting and there was nothing there. With Fusion and especially Hawthorne, you are constantly entertained at just about every moment. I know effect isn't about "entertainment" but content and variety should certainly be a factor.

Edited by androidx2
  • Like 1

Cabs 93.55

Bucs 93.20

Fusion 91.80

C2 90.35

Gold 84.00

WS 82.90

I don't see Reading topping the Cabs this weekend. In fact, I see the spread opening a little. The Visual Effect score from Scranton was WAY out of wack from what it has been like all season. I don't give that number a whole lot of credit, especially when Readings color guard was scored as low as it was. For that Vis Effect number to stand you'd have to think they were flawless but thats far from what I saw. Readings visual book isn't close to even Fusion or Hawthorne. They run for the sake of running, but not for any intent other than two big moves. They added in two different choreography visuals from the last time I saw them in Wayne... both of which are the same, so it' doesn't bring much variety. And they didn't make a clean form the whole night in Scranton. When I saw this number on the recap i was in complete shock. There were plenty of moments in the show where you were looking around for something interesting and there was nothing there. With Fusion and especially Hawthorne, you are constantly entertained at just about every moment. I know effect isn't about "entertainment" but content and variety should certainly be a factor.

:dry:

I was in the stands in Scranton. Didn't experience your take on the show. I can understand the fear as Reading continues to get better. It was a great show by several corps. Love the Cabs intro! Fusion's guard!

Cabs 93.55

Bucs 93.20

Fusion 91.80

C2 90.35

Gold 84.00

WS 82.90

Ok, well I did not see it this way at all, so let me pose this question:

1. Is standing still or low-velocity more valuable than clean or not-so-clean forms?

2. Is doing the same 3 step dance several times also not effective for you?

If you compare it to Downingtown or previous shows, it is much cleaner, so there is a marked improvement of what they are doing, and it seems that they are starting to get credit for it.

You are incorrect about your statement regarding "entertainment". It is very tied to entertainment, but your flavor of entertainment is different than most of the other fans at the show. Reading got a solid standing O at the end, even about 5 seconds before they stopped playing. Was that not effective or entertaining? I thought it was for sure.

I guess Reading should be glad that you are not a visual judge.

I had to miss Scranton due to lots of "start of the school year stuff" (boo!), but I know that Bucs are going to take the Cabs at the Reading show this weekend. Being an alum, I'm biased, but who isn't in drum corps? Bucs are coming together and peaking at just the right time.

Bucs - 94.0

Cabs - 93.6

Fusion - 91.0

Cadets2 - 90.6

Carolina - 85.5

White Sabers 84.5

COULD BE BUT I STILL FAVOR MINN FOR BEATING BOTH BUCS & CABS A LOT MORE OPEN DRILL ,COVER THE FIELD FROM ONE END TO THE OTHER ,GREAT GUARD , OUT STANDING DRUM LINE GREAT GE THROUGHT OUT THE SHOW NEVER A LULL , AND A GETTING BETTER WITH EVERY SHOW HORN LINE ,BEST BET FOR DARK HORSE TO WIN .

I had to miss Scranton due to lots of "start of the school year stuff" (boo!), but I know that Bucs are going to take the Cabs at the Reading show this weekend. Being an alum, I'm biased, but who isn't in drum corps? Bucs are coming together and peaking at just the right time.

Bucs - 94.0

Cabs - 93.6

Fusion - 91.0

Cadets2 - 90.6

Carolina - 85.5

White Sabers 84.5

Predictions are opinions, opinions are like a$$h*les. We all have one.

• Like 1